“Great for the Price and Service!”

Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Glendale
“Great for the Price and Service!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and found service to be very good. The room was clean and beds were firm. The room was okay. One draw back was the internet service was very weak and made surfing the web VERY slow. That was frustrating to use. The Continental breakfast was okay, but it is just a continental breakfast. This was, by far, the lowest priced hotel that I had found in the whole Bakersfield area and I was not disappointed in the service and accommodations I received.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am staying at this Vagabond Inn every time I go to Sacramento. This time I don't know if they changed owners or what but it was Terrible. Run down, Did not want to take a shower there it was so bad. It is the last time I stay there. even the service was bad.

Room Tip: I have no idea what to say about it in a positive way. The pictures are of the shower/ Tub
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Date of stay 21/03/13. Duration 1 night. We stopped here primarily to break our journey from Las Vegas to San Francisco. We were checking in quite late in the evening and just wanted somewhere to sleep. Free onsite car park. The receptionist was pleasant and check in was smooth. The room (no. 214) was a reasonable size and had an en-suite bathroom and comfortable bed with clean linens and towels. We over-slept and missed breakfast but the receptionist gave us a pastry each and coffee to go - which was a nice touch. If you are planning to stay locally for a few days I recommend a visit to Bakersfield Tourist Information Office they have the nicest and most helpful staff I've encountered in the US - we visited Harris Ranch for a meal later in the day on their advice and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if I was passing through.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Pace, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My truck was broke down in Bakersfield. Vagabond has a shuttle service. They came to Gibbs International within minutes to pick me up. Motel has ample truck parking as well as. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Harmon H
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were pleased with almost everything. The room was clean and pleasant. The staff was very nice. There is an IHOP, a gas station and a Jack in the Box within one block. The air conditioning was off when we got there but we flipped it on and went to get a quick bite to eat and when we got back the room was cool. Don't count on the Wi-Fi working. Also, I was sore from hiking and wanted to take a bath but upon closer inspection of the tub I decided not too. It was a little dirty. Ask for extra towels when checking in. It was quiet and a great deal at less than $40 a night.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

So I stay overnight, because I race at Auto Club Raceway Famoso. I've stayed across the street at Motel 6 (I used to be dedicated to motel6) and best economy, this was much better for about the same price. The room was much nicer, and the breakfast was better than economy (motel 6 doesnt even offer one). yes you ,make your own resh waffles. I need to be at the track early so i dont have time to stop for breakfast. The parking lot was much better I felt safer leaving my truck out there. the downside was i had a room on the backside and its right by the freeway, so you get the noise factor. my carpet was clean. though my friends stayed at the Sleep inn because they said their room at vagabond was bad. yes the front desk girl was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were on our way to see my Mom ( Really Sick) I was worn out we saw the Motel and stopped. I asked for down stairs king bed because we had to unload a lot from the car and the person with me has bad legs. They had none, instead they gave us a handicap room and said don't worry about it even though we had so handicap card.
They really went out of their way to help us. Thank you

Room Tip: I don't know which rooms are the best but when I go back to N. Ca. That will be the place I will...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bakersfield
Best Western Heritage Inn
#50 of 63 in Bakersfield
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#33 of 63 in Bakersfield

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5? Share your experiences!