“front desk clerk, Stephanie was very Kind, helpful, and efsiecent.”

Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, California, United States
“front desk clerk, Stephanie was very Kind, helpful, and efsiecent.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

room was clean, property was clean, fast check in, enjoyed my stay. Stephanie was very good. very good price, easy freeway ramp's. gas station's, food. I will stay here again, Stephanie " the front desk person" was very helpful, and fast, sent us to food, and gas. thank's.

Room Tip: all rooms peacefull, and quit.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
AzureHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5, responded to this review, 28 January 2015
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Stephanie is a great asset to our property and will be very happy to know that you mentioned her.

Azure Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff here was great Fernando checked us in and made us feel right at home. The stop was convenient especially when your eyes feel heavy and your falling asleep on the long stretch after the grapevine. The rooms were newly renovated and the price was great. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We got placed in a room closest to the freeway and I still did not hear a beep. P.S. I am a light s...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Rooms were newly renovated and clean the staff was great. Fernando checked us in with excellent hospitality, I will definitely stay here again on my next trip. It gets semi-busy on weekends so making a reservation is a plus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your business and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were surprised. We came in as a family, expected a typical $39 hotel, but were awesomely surprised.

I think the rooms are newly renovated and was given away for a very low price to gather good reviews here again.
Because I saw by the door the original price list, and it's over $150 per night (supposedly). But I guess business is slow these days? that's why they let rooms go for $39? Maybe.

But whatever the case, the floors were made from new vinyl tiles. Bathroom got new tiles too. Clean.

Bed: king size, clean.

Only complaints. TV is very old. Toilet is small, low and outdated. And wifi is very slow.

But I had a good sleep.

I'd say this room is probably worth $100 per night.

Would I stay here again if they increased the price? If it's below $70 then yes, I'd stay here again :)

Adendum: Breakfast is from 4am to 9am. Never ate it since we woke up late, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Room Tip: Not sure if all the rooms are newly renovated like the one we had, but we stayed ath second floor. V...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

los Angeles
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel it meant my requirement's good price and very nice employer named David made me feel like I was home.... Very nice wooden floors and plasma for a very good price.................................

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank tomuchgoodstuff
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was great but the hotel has seen better days! The room was spacious and clean but old and well worn. Carpet was dirty, shower was not working right, phone didn't work all the time we were there. We had an issue with all the construction workers in the evening, sitting and standing outside drinking beer and throwing their soda and beer cans on the pavement. It didn't seem to be in a safe neighborhood either. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are currently under new management and would appreciate the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Azure Hotel Group

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

It was ok for a quick one night stay on our way to san francisco from vegas. We were unfortunate enough to have a big group of men turn up and play music til early hours of the morning in the carpark. The area isnt safe which is something we discovered afterwards. Rooms were clean and value for the money spent. Hotel staff were friendly. Close to fast food outlets.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. All feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was interrupted. Fortunately, we now have 24 hour staff who would be happy to quiet any noise you may run into. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Azure Hotel Group
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bakersfield
Best Western Heritage Inn
#1 of 1 in Maricopa
Travelodge Bakersfield
Travelodge Bakersfield
#35 of 63 in Bakersfield

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5? Share your experiences!