“Don't stay here”

Bakersfield Inn
Bakersfield Inn
Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This was the worst experience I've ever had, the service was minimal, the room was NOT cleaned, there was lipstick on the towels, spots on the sheets, cockroaches and other insects in the room, the outer glass of a double window was broken, as if someone had tried to break in. The bathroom was dirty and there was almost no toilet paper.. There were a lot of people hanging around the parkig lot.. My friend and I had to sleep with our clothes on, and we feared that we were gonna get robbed.. Nothing happened, but when morning came, we were seriously glad to be alive and happy that our car was not stolen.. There were lots of weird and loud noises throughout the night, car alarms went off, and people were yelling.. We told the man at the desk that they must have forgotten to clean the room, and he just said no, and that we could bring the dirty towels to him and get fresh ones, but the room was so dirty that neither of us wanted to shower there.. It's cheap, but I'd expect a clean room no matter the price! We wanted to go find another place, but decided to stay there anyway, though we still feel lucky that nothing happened.. Maybe we're just easy to scare, but I'd really recommend everyone to find another place!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Icos91

Reviewed 28 May 2013

It would have been better than staying at this awful place. My husband and I decided to do a "Drive-A-Way" this past Memorial Day weekend on the PCH. Since we live in the Las Vegas area, we thought it would be fun and relaxing for us to drive down the Pacific Coast Hwy, from Southern California to as far North as we can get. Since it's about the drive and not the destination, we did not make any reservation anywhere on the route. BAD IDEA! There was no vacancy anywhere from Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo. Eventually, my husband decided to just drive back home through Bakersfield. After a long drive through I-166, we finally got to the I-9 and decided to check-in at the first available hotel we can find. We first tried Holiday Inn Express and they were sold out - in Bakersfield?!? Exhausted with the long drive and since it was late (must have been past midnight) we drove into the Bakersfield Inn. The woman who greeted me through their late check-in window told me they had 2 available rooms left. 1 smoking and 1 non-smoking. I was glad to have found a place to stay. After paying $65 + tax, the woman gave me a room key and a remote control for the tv but withheld a $10 deposit until I return the remote and the key at check-out. We went to the assigned room and the key did not work. I went back to the front office and the woman walked me to my room to check out the problem. She used her master key to let us in. The room was not clean. The carpet was dirty, like it has not been vacuumed for weeks. The shower tub was so eeky, neither my husband nor I dared to step into the tub. But at least the toilet, the sink and the bed sheets looked clean. We were so exhausted but the AC unit was so loud that we barely got a decent night's sleep. This was by far, the worst lodging I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: If it's the drive and not the destination that matters, then be prepared to sleep in the car. B...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

the room smelled, draperies hanging off the windows, bath tub had dirt rings, white towels we're stained and I had welts on my arms, buttocks and a big one above my eye and a bug ran across my arm.
do not stay at hotel hell

r.jones

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We searched our gps for a Comfort in and it brought us to Bakersfield Inn, no big deal, we thought. We checked in and opened the door which at first glance looked nice until we walked inside and saw something move on the counter. A closer look found baby cockroaches climbing in and out of the walls, the radiator, on the counter etc. NEVER AGAIN! They did refund our credit card however we found it disturbing that the front desk clerk told us they "just did pest control 2 days
ago".

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Jeep2009
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Positives:

- can't think of any, except that nobody stole our car in the night nor broke down the door and robbed us...or worse.

Negatives:

- we arrived at 11pm randomly...all other hotels in the area were full. Checkin was at a small window. Not very friendly.
- the door to our room had broken security locks, so we slept knowing that anybody could barge in with force if they wanted to. Both locks were broken.
- some creepy people were staying there, smoking, drinking, etc.
- the room was old; there was a hole in the comforter; the bathroom door could not open nor close all the way without hitting the toilet; no tissues; very hard bed; stains a lot of places like in the tub, on the shower curtain, walls, floors, etc.
- somewhat noisy. It could have been worse though.

For a little over 40 bucks what do you expect?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DonnaMartinOriginals
Reviewed 29 July 2008

This was formerly a Quality Inn, and we weren't aware that it had changed names. Now we know why! We pulled up at 1:30 AM to see several questionable-looking men loitering around the parking lot. I checked in at a little security window. As I walked to our room two guys asked me if I would trade a beer for a cig, which I declined. I unlocked the door and saw two people in bed. Yikes! I tiredly trudged back to the little security window, told the clerk our room was currently occupied, and she insisted that "No, it wasn't." I told her I didn't care whether it was rented or not -- there are people in bed there. The next room was upstairs and sweltering, but I was afraid to keep the AC running because I needed to listen for our car windows being broken in the parking lot. I debated whether we would be better off just sleeping in the car to scare away the creeps and thugs hanging around. There were doors slamming, cars zipping in and out, and people laughing and talking loudly all night long. It was pretty apparent that drug deals were going down in the 'hood.
The towels were tiny, threadbare and stiff. There was no breakfast, but we were just grateful to leave. My son noticed that some people were cooking breakfast on their own little grills on the walkways, which is when he surmised that people must be living there full-time.
At least it was a good deal, we thought, until we drove by beautiful new hotels right down the freeway that were advertising prices $20 less! Aaaargh!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank GetawayGang
Reviewed 30 December 2007

If you are handicapped, or have a handicapped person with you, and a service animal, DON"T STOP HERE. They require paperwork, and are very anti- service animal.

They need to be investigated by the Federal Governments agencies who enforce ADA regulations and laws.

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago, (Dec. 14th _ 15th), and my step daughters service animal was not allowed in the room because we didn't have our registry with us, which violates ADA regulations.

Look at:

And since my complaint with Choice motels, they are claiming that its up to the individual owners, and THEY have no control.

Not only would I not stay here again, but I plan on boycotting any and all choice motels until this matter is resolved to MY satisfaction.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)