“Safety First”

Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Rooms were fine. Was treated openly by the housekeepers with my needs for the room then the staff answering the phone. (literally called 7 times from the room phone, no answer then I called from my cell, she answered) Lift in pool, malfunctioned, no help there. Granddaughter stuck in pool, took 3 to get her out. Very sad.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacy C
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Stacey, I do apologize for the service and maintenance issues you experienced. That is not the Hilton standard that we adhere to. Please be rest assured that the issues that you experienced during your stay have been addressed and fixed. Please email me if you'd like to talk further - nick.s@hilton.com

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Looked for a place to stay one night in Bakersfield. Picked this one based on Tripadvisor's travellers comments.
Clean, tidy, and staff friendly. Room large and roomy. Internet was no extra charge and went well most of the time. Bit disappointing to have to pay for breakfast as most hotels include this in price. Pool is inside so we were not interested to try, small gym, good laundry facilities.
Price bit high at $110.88US (total) plus $10.85 for breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review Rippey! We're glad you decided to stay with us! The breakfast is separate, but it is a full breakfast all made to order as opposed to the continental breakfasts that others offer. It's truly worth it! We hope to see you again soon, thank you for staying!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Checked in at 9pm. Let me state that I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member. No one acknowledged that. We got sent to room 431 which was filthly, carpet stained and nasty. After 5 minutes mt wife and I could not bare it any longer and went down to the front desk to ask for another room. Front desk clerk sounded surprised and assigned us another room, room 314. Walked in same nasty dirty floor and beds were like rocks. It was late, I was tired and did not feel like going down again because I felt the same thing was going to happen again. i figured I would just bite the bullet. I laid down grabbed the remote and tried to turn on the TV. Nothing. Remote did nothing. I looked to see if it had batteries and they were missing. i called the front desk, asked for batteries and they said they would bring some up. 10 minutes later someone brings me batteries, 2 different kinds may I add, puts them in the remote and leaves. I am like fine, I have the same remote at home, I go to turn on the tv which does turn on but the cable part will not. I was pissed off already. 2 dirty rooms, no TV. My wife told me to go to sleep since it was already late so I did. Morning came, we got some crappy breakfast from some guys who tried to do a good job, as good as they could do with what they had. I would give the breakfast experience a 4. The manager of this place needs to go to the Doubletree in Commerce and see how a good manager runs a hotel. We packed up, left our room, went down stairs, was going to check out but the 2 fools there were too bust talking about yesterday that they completely ignored us so we left and as we were walking out we both said never will we go back to this dump again. Rooms suck, food sucks and service sucks.

2  Thank Roger V
pbonner, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Roger I am cannot express my disappointment enough of your experience at my hotel. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness and service and this was just one big failure. We are ten years old with no renovations but we hope to be having a full renovation next year. I just wanted to let you know that your review of our hotel has been shared with each department so that they can focus on fixing this and making sure it never happens again. I hope that you did not pay for your stay since we did not fullfill our promise. If this promise was not filled please email me so that I can take care of it.

Pamela and all the staff...
pamela.bonner@hilton.com

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel was a welcome sight after a day of driving in very hot temperatures and bright sunlight. The accommodations were superb and the staff were very polite and knowledgeable. A pleasant place to unwind.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad our hotel could be your desert oasis and hope that we'll see you again soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Like many travellers I was staying in Bakersfield for one night to split the journey from San Francisco to Las Vegas. Previously stayed at Sheraton four Points. This HGI is in a quiet and safe location. The front desk staff just carried out their job but were not particularly pleasant or friendly. Unlike some of the other HGI's this hotel had an indoor swimming pool which me and my family are not particularly keen on so we didn't use it. The breakfast in the morning was good and the staff in this area were fine. Always difficult to review a place when staying for just one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, Musha. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to check out the pool, it's amazing this time of year with how hot it is outside. I'll be sure to address your thoughts with our front desk staff as well as the restaurant. Thank you for staying.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Everything about our stay was great , the hotel, the breakfast, the room. the only thing I want to bring up would be the pool,,,, and its not really bad thing ,just more of a heads up..the Pool on the last step is very slippery so be careful when you step down and the pool itself was also slippery which just means there is no traction on the bottom but there is nothing wrong with the pool... The pool could be 10 Degrees Cooler , and Jacuzzi could be 10 Degrees Warmer lol..other than that great stay... nice clean rooms , the carpet is a little dated , but the furniture is nice and the bed was really comfy,

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review Mimers! I've had my maintenance team address the pool concern and had them put extra grip tape on the stairs and rough up the surface some more so that there's extra traction. We're also looking into the temperatures you mentioned.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rooms smell very musky and air conditioning system in the rooms is old and does not keep up at all. Hotel staff is very friendly, but you pay too much for the amenities of this hotel. I thought that the bar tender was absolutely the best part of the hotel. He is bright, cheerful, hardworking and very entertaining. Have him give you the NFL football quiz.......He was phenominal

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the review Scott. I apologize about the musky smell and I'll have maintenance investigate it today. Arturo is definitely one of our funniest employees here! Hah, yes the football quiz and did you try his deep fried jalapenos? They'll definitely clear your sinus's but well worth it!
We look forward to seeing you next time.