“Gave it a second try and still disappointed!”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #460 of 826 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Bakersfield, Ca
“Gave it a second try and still disappointed!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I received a gift card several months back and decided to give this place one more try. Again, we were disappointed. We ordered off their 2 for $20 menu, chicken dippers for me and ribs for my husband. We dined with my brother and sister-in-law and we ordered at exactly the same time. They received their food while we still waited. They were one bite away from being done when mine arrived and part of my husbands arrived. The waitress didn't want him to wait so she brought him his ribs and would bring his fries when they came up. We waited and waited and finally asked and her response was something to the effect of she wasn't sure if he still wanted them. What...we paid for them of course he wanted them. The service is just terrible here and that was our issue the first time...the service. The manager comped our meal and I gave the gift card to my brother who never has a problem when he dines here. That was our last attempt to dine here...not sure why people wait so long for a table. It is just not worth the time to eat somewhere where the customer is not valued more than that.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Shell1965

Bakersfield, California
“Chillin @ Chili's Grill & Bar”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife, Mary, and I supervised a fireworks booth from Monday, 7/1 - 7/4 in average 104-107 degree weather! And after being totally exhausted early Friday morning, we took some long naps most of the day til 5:30 p.m.....time to go to Chili's/Bakersfield! Was a good time to celebrate a potentially awesome ROI (return on our investment for our church ladies group!) for the booth! Final #s to come next week after taxes, etc. are paid but we're sure we exceeded our earnings from last year! And Chili's was just the "chillin place" we needed to gear down from our daily 100 + degree weather routine (we're still experiencing 100 + degree heatwave but thatz Bako for you!)! Hey, my pork ribs were delicious, falling off the bones while Mary thoroughly enjoyed her pasta dish.....plus the service was awesome as was the ambiance! Been here before, but it just "fit the bill" perfectly this time, making it truly a memorable visit guaranteeing to "bring us back again" as we told our cute waitress, Jennifer! Multiplied kudos!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
“New look”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Chili's new look is very nice and they sent us a free appetizer because of the new renovations. We love their south western egg rolls. Our favorite. My husbands favorite is honey chipotle chicken crispers. I love the chicken nachos. Anyways our server Rachel is very friendly. And prices are great. We love coming here.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We love this place.”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Renovations look great. We love the food and all the staff are very friendly. We got Rachel and she was awsome. We will be coming back here for sure.

• Visited May 2013
Bakersfield, California
“What can you say?”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Chili's is Chili's. This one is one of the best I have ever been in. For some reason the Ribeye steak at this place has an amazing flavor and I prefer it to some of the more expensive steak houses.

Visited December 2012