See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2013

There's just nothing like having a refridgerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker and a good TV when you live on the road. The price was very good and the room was large and comfortable. Great stopover en route to las vegas!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

We just received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for the positive comments about your stay with us. I'm thrilled that you found the well equipped kitchen a benefit while on the road. Again, thank you for the positive review, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Bakersfield.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Truly a pleasant surprise. Clean hotel, comfortable room & helpful, friendly staff. Bed was cozy. They don't clean the rooms everyday, which is fine--and they let us get clean towels. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, stove, full-sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave & coffee-maker all made for a fun stay--

Heard no noise from outside or in the halls. Beds were comfortable. Slept like rocks. Close to the convention center, Amtrak and the water park.

Room Tip: We didn't even ask if there was a pool at the hotel. We had no problem with our room. We just requested no-smoking, and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We're so pleased that you found our amenities a great value to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bakersfield.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have stayed here twice and I have to say I am very comfortable here. I really enjoyed the people who cleaned my room and the front desk staff during the week days were very helpful. The rooms are amazingly quiet and comfortable. I brought my pets with me this time and the cleaning staff are very good about working around animals. The only problem I have is that there aren't a whole lot of the tv channels I am used to on the satellite. There is free wifi in all rooms. Thank you Extended Stay Bakersfield for making both of my stays there very nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Reviewed 14 February 2013

This Hotel is in a great location. Near restaurants and the Freeway and the price was wonderful. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed for a one night business trip. We arrived early between appointments hoping to drop off our bags. The young lady behind the counter told us a room was clean, however, it would be $15.00 for an early check in. She also told us we requested a smoking room, which we did not. She insisted we did and it could not be changed since they were sold out. This was not a great start for our trip with this Extended Stay hotel. We came back later in the day (having refused to pay extra for early check in) and the manager checked us in. It was a much better expierence and we did finally get a non smoking room. What started out rocky ended up being a half way decent stay due to the manager's excellent customer service...I would give them another try.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and one of our greatest reward is your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to improve. Please accept my sincere apologies for the start of your stay. Luckily the Manager was able to turn that around but I'm still sorry that happened to you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. our email is bcl@extendedstay.com in case you would like to discuss further or even book future reservations. Once again, thanks for the comments.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I am mostly a very happy person. I am happy with the hotel, and I am happy with the staff who all know me well since I have been staying here for the past several (3-1/2) years. I live in Texas, but I am in Bakersfield on an extended work contract in the oil and gas industry. So, I am comfortable with the hotel in general.

My only complaint that I have voiced over and over and over during my entire stay here is as follows:
I want the SPEED TV channel on my TV. I am sick of the junk that is on the television trying to be passed off as "premium channels". SPEED TV is an automotive based channel and carries all of the good auto racing and automotive related programming that all of us "car guys" cannot live without. Surely it cannot be very hard to call the cable company and find out what it will take to get the SPEED TV channel added to the programming. If it is a little extra money, I will pay it. Please get the SPEED TV channel added and I will be very, very happy!!
Gary A. Randall (Good, dependable customer, just ask the staff).

Room Tip: First floor is non-smoking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions.