See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2013

On the negative side, the hotel's front entrance boasts a handicap sign. They don't have automatic doors! If you want to avoid the smoking area, use the front entrance only.

On the positive side, the daily continental breakfast consisted of beverages: coffee, hot chocolate, and tea, fruit: apples and oranges, oatmeal packets of many different flavors, plus oatmeal squares of apple cinnamon and maple brown sugar and the occasional mini muffins from Marie Callendar's and Otis Spunkmeyer. The amenities of full sized fridge, dishwasher (housekeeping gives you the soap), microwave, stove top, lots of cupboards, pans, plates, etc. make it a homey experience. It's very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.
My room on the top floor overlooked the back parking lot of Barnes & Noble and their dumpster. If you ask for a quiet room and they give you one of these rooms that overlook this eyesore ..... change to a different room! It's NOT quiet!! Besides the trash men who come at 6:30 am to empty it, there are the dumpster divers at all hours of the night making noise!!
Besides this, ESA is one of the better hotels in the area. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If your room overlooks the Barnes & Noble dumpster, ask for a different room. It won't be quiet! On the positive side to that, there are many colorful characters who frequent the eyesore.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments about how clean and fresh the property was during your visit. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Bakersfield.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

There's just nothing like having a refridgerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker and a good TV when you live on the road. The price was very good and the room was large and comfortable. Great stopover en route to las vegas!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We just received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for the positive comments about your stay with us. I'm thrilled that you found the well equipped kitchen a benefit while on the road. Again, thank you for the positive review, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Bakersfield.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Truly a pleasant surprise. Clean hotel, comfortable room & helpful, friendly staff. Bed was cozy. They don't clean the rooms everyday, which is fine--and they let us get clean towels. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, stove, full-sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave & coffee-maker all made for a fun stay--

Heard no noise from outside or in the halls. Beds were comfortable. Slept like rocks. Close to the convention center, Amtrak and the water park.

Room Tip: We didn't even ask if there was a pool at the hotel. We had no problem with our room. We just requested no-smoking, and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We're so pleased that you found our amenities a great value to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bakersfield.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have stayed here twice and I have to say I am very comfortable here. I really enjoyed the people who cleaned my room and the front desk staff during the week days were very helpful. The rooms are amazingly quiet and comfortable. I brought my pets with me this time and the cleaning staff are very good about working around animals. The only problem I have is that there aren't a whole lot of the tv channels I am used to on the satellite. There is free wifi in all rooms. Thank you Extended Stay Bakersfield for making both of my stays there very nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Reviewed 14 February 2013

This Hotel is in a great location. Near restaurants and the Freeway and the price was wonderful. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed for a one night business trip. We arrived early between appointments hoping to drop off our bags. The young lady behind the counter told us a room was clean, however, it would be $15.00 for an early check in. She also told us we requested a smoking room, which we did not. She insisted we did and it could not be changed since they were sold out. This was not a great start for our trip with this Extended Stay hotel. We came back later in the day (having refused to pay extra for early check in) and the manager checked us in. It was a much better expierence and we did finally get a non smoking room. What started out rocky ended up being a half way decent stay due to the manager's excellent customer service...I would give them another try.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and one of our greatest reward is your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to improve. Please accept my sincere apologies for the start of your stay. Luckily the Manager was able to turn that around but I'm still sorry that happened to you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. our email is bcl@extendedstay.com in case you would like to discuss further or even book future reservations. Once again, thanks for the comments.