See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We spent one night in this hotel. The hotel has been totally renovated from top to bottom. Our room was really nice--clean, comfortable, good bed, spotless appliances, etc... Everything was very clean. The staff was competent and pleasant. It had the typical Extended Stay "Grab & Go" breakfast. It is a bit expensive, but otherwise very good. We would stay here again if we need a room in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel was nice and clean. The staff was not really friendly at all. The hotel had been vandalized and they had but notices up around the hotel, this didn't really make us feel safe. We stayed in room 409, it was nice. They are remodeling this hotel, some signs of wear in the room but not too bad. We didn't have paper towels in the kitchen area or a pen and paper, we had to ask the front desk. We would stay here again if we had the choice, under $50 a night on a weekend, we used Hotwire for this rate.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It is wonderful to hear that our hotel is to your satisfaction and the cleanliness of room 409 was up to your standards. We are a very safe hotel, but mostly recently have had a few issues with people mistreating our fantastic hotel so we posted these signs to detour any further situations, which we have corrected. I am so disappointed that our staff was not accommodating to you. Please accept my apology, for that issue. We will be reiterating to our staff the importance of each guest have a great experience at our hotel.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bcl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

If you check in late plan on bringing your tools, extermination service, and universal remotes, and hope that your reservation is perfect. I checked in late 12 am, my reservation was not what I expected and the night attendant is only trained to check you in not to handle any other concerns, according to the manager she is the laundry attendant. I had to fix the toilet it had a broken chain in the water tank and the room was 80 degrees. The AC panel was off the wall so I had to plug it back into the wall. There is no maintenance worker after hours. Also, found ROACHES in my room so don't forget to pack roach killer. Will never stay in this hotel chain ever customer satisfaction at its worst. Not to mention at the hotel next door there are broken windows an homeless people sitting in the parking lot for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Quiet and well kept apartment type rooms, with efficiency kitchen , large bath, table and recliner. Comfortable bed . Clean room.
Elevator carpet and entry hall carpet could use a good cleaning.
Breakfast a bit spartan, but had cereal, fruit and energy bars, adequate. Wondered where dishes were and found them in dishwasher so knew they were good and clean
Friendly staff.
Have stayed twice , would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean room and the kitchen that came included. As well, it is great to know that our staff was so friendly to you during your stay. Still, I apologize that our elevator and lobby carpet were unclean. We have taken actions to correct this.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This property is dated and rundown. There are far better options in the Bakersfield area. The facilities are worn out, thr WiFi does not work and the rooms are dirty. the staff is not very guest friendly as is most likely a reflection of the management.

Room Tip: I would pay the additional $10 and stay at the Resdidence Inn across the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Douglas G
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Hi Douglas,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your stay was not what you expected. Please accept my apology. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We will use this feedback to coach our team and improve our services. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bcl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thanks again.