“inexpensive n fairly clean but they need maintenance a...”

Super 8 Bakersfield South CA
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We normally stay at Super 8 locations and are typically very satisfied with our stay. That was NOT the case at the Bakersfield South location. Upon entering our room, the window was open and the room was very hot as it had been over 100 degrees outside that day. We turned on the air and closed the window but the room never did get cold. There was a layer of dust over all the furniture and the bathroom counter was dirty. The tub and shower was clean and the water was hot so that was the only plus. We could not open the refrigerator because the cabinet was stuck shut. The microwave looked like it had once caught fire inside. We would have left if it were not so late. In the morning, the toilet would not flush and overflowed. We called the office and were told someone would come immediately but no one ever came. Breakfast was toast and yogurt. We were extremely dissatisfied and have contacted corporate office.

• Stayed July 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 June 2014

i am a Rv hauler . No way to park a 35FT tailer and pickup in lot.. Too Tired to look for another place, Had to park in bowling alley parking lot. Got hit there.. Damage to RV. No coffe machine, No refrigerator. Smoking room but no ash tray. No soap, No shampoo,TV snowy. WOW!!! I can't remember a worse experience.. no beakfast, no coffee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Bakersfield
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very unhelpful. I needed to check in early . I had to wait for a call back that I never got and I had stayed at the super 8 that was in town cause the staff there was able to accommodate me. When I called the other super 8 back and canceled reservation and informed them I was at super 8 but the other location. I was told Ok. then the next day I was charged for two nights that I never even stayed in and also paid another 200 on the room at the super 8 I was at. And still have been unwilling to refund me or part and don't care. So Ill never give them my business again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business