“Out of the hotels we stayed at on our US visit this was the best”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 17 March 2010

My wife and I travelled to the States for a 3 week vacation and we had booked the La Quinta Inn & Suites as our first arrival hotel. We were so impressed with the staff and cleanliness, that after our trips to Vegas, when we returned to Bakersfield, it was a natural choice to book in for our last 3 nights before going onto our next destination. The staff (Missy and Frank) were helpful and went out of their way to be accommodating for our needs. The room was excellent and well furnished, with a comfortable bed, clean and fresh. Toilet and bathroom was to a high standard and overall the whole room, complete with refrigerator, microwave, television and free wireless internet meant that this hotel for us scored a big 10 out of 10!

Location wise it was perfect for Bakersfield, and it was quiet and peaceful at night. Within a stones throw you had a few choices of eateries, and a gas station just on the corner. What we liked the best (sad as we may sound) is that the hotel still permitted smoking in some of its rooms, but these rooms were kept so clean and tidy, that you did not feel that the hotel did not care for smoking guests. They had an indoor pool which sadly we did not use, but will do next time I'm sure, and a downstairs business lounge where people can use a printer and print documents if needed (again free of charge).

There was nothing that we "liked the least" so we would happily recommend this hotel for any visitors going to Bakersfield. My only note to management which is purely an observation from a "technical person" is that the computers downstairs had no anti-virus software installed which for their own safety they should really implement. Apart from that minor note, everything else was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrTWS

Reviewed 15 February 2010

We now stay at La Quinta when it is in our area. Such is the overall quality of the chain. It is a 'chain of no surprises' BUT we always check on Trip Advisor in case there is a thorn among roses.
This one is near a Starbucks and a Dennys. It has easy access to Hwy 99.

One small drawback is that there is a railroad track near by and at night you can hear the trains go thru if they toot their horns. With the wondow closed I'm not sure you would hear the noise.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
LaQuinta0871, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2010

Dear PeachlandCalculator,

Thank you! It is always satisfying to see a positive review. It tells me and my staff that we're doing something right.

If you think you will stay with us again in the future, please e-mail me in advance at lq0871gm@laquinta.com.

Tim

Reviewed 7 December 2009

I am a long time customer of La Quinta and I called this facility to look into parking a car for a couple of nights. I let the front desk know that I would be willing to pay for a night at the hotel or pay for parking and they said "No." I also called the Hampton Inn next door and they said "No problem, we will be happy to help." For my future trips I will be calling Hampton Inn, I thought it was nice that a hotel would go out of the box of bit for a customer.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank raynde
LaQuinta0871, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2009

Dear Raynde,

I believe a misunderstanding took place over the telephone when you called to inquire about overnight parking.

Hotel guests that stay with us are given higher priority to leave their vehicles in our parking lot when they leave Bakersfield for a few days. In most of these cases, these hotel guests are airline travelers who are permitted to leave their vehicles in our parking lot when they are scheduled to depart from, and arrive at the nearby airport.

On occassions, we do bend our policy a little to accomodate non-guests, but only under special circumstances.

I am glad that you were able to find accomodation at the Hampton Inn & Suites next door. They are a fine establishment. I do sincerely apologize that were not able to accomodate you, but hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

I have stayed in many La Quintas across the USA (I even lived in one for over a month after a hurricane), and this is the nicest, cleanest, and best designed one I've stayed in! I got in after a long drive from Flagstaff, and was immediately impressed with the kindness and efficiency of the staff and the cleanliness of the property. I asked if it was a brand new hotel, but the woman at the desk told me it was 3 years old. They sure have kept it up! The rooms are immaculate...there are no scuffs, no dirt...they are extremely clean! They are also well-designed and very spacious. They also have a nice indoor pool and spa, a better-than-average selection of fresh food for breakfast, and are well located next to Hwy 99. This was a great LQ Inn and Suites, and I recommend it to anyone who needs a room in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank whateverintexas
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I recently just signed up for this website and this is the first review I am writting. This hotel is very accomadating. Staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay very pleasent. The rates weren't bad for what you get, including two bottles of water in the room and a hot breakfast in the morning. The indoor pool is a plus, very clean too as well as the rest of the hotel. I've never stayed at a La Quinta Inn and Suites before, but now I know where to go. If ever you go through Bakersfield on a business trip or just stopping for the night.. This is the place to go.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank harveys_lives
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This hotel is equal parts great and equal parts bad.

First the good. The indoor pool is the best that I have ever seen. My two young daughters loved it! This pool, alone, is worth staying at the hotel.

Other good? The hotel is new and very clean. A very, very nice place. The inside of the hotel was more like something from San Diego rather than Bakersfield. Very nice and new.

The bad? Only one bad thing. The walls were truly paper thin. I grew up in the City in Los Angeles, so noise doesn't really bother me. However, these walls were truly paper thin. My wife could not take it. Honest to goodness, the people in the next room were talking and it seriously sounded as if they were in the room with us. We changed rooms to a corner room, and that was better. However, it was twice the price. In all sincerity, this is an A+ hotel with a huge problem. I would be curious to see what management has to say about what they are going to do about the paperthin alls.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Craig F
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I had never been to the area and had to book four rooms for myself and other business associates. Although the reviews looked ok and the photos were promising, I was still skeptical.
As many of you know, La Quinta hotels are sometimes hit and miss. One of my co-workers was also worried.

All of my fears were put to rest though. This hotel is new and very clean. I found the room to be very comfortable and didn't notice the noises that others complained about.

This hotel is near a highway and a truck stop so depending upon your room you may have some noise issues though.

Breakfast was fine. There's a waffle maker and many other options.

If I return to this area, this will more than likely be the place I stay.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KKAustin