SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bakersfield
US$130
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$117
All reviewsroom layout isindoor poolthe sofa bedtv swivelssink areapaper platesoffice areawafflesthe breakfast areafree breakfasthungry hunterdecent breakfastmini fridgeonly stayed one nightcoffee makerplenty of parkingclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here for just one night in late August and arrived very late, but got a very nice reception from the front desk and night security. Gave us some complimentary biscuits and water, which was just a nice little touch. Although we didn't have a long stay, less than 14 hours, we found the suite very comfortable (even the sofa bed) and used both the exercise room (adequate) and the pool (very clean and plenty of sunbeds and towels) Breakfast was ok, complimentary, but plenty of choice, although as it was Labour Day weekend, it was busy. Free parking, no grumbles about the air-conditioning - it was pretty warm outside as it was hovering in the high 90's by mid-morning and in the mid 70's overnight.
Quiet location, we didn't explore far afield, but there were plenty of places to eat at in the vicinity as the hotel had no other services. Needs a lift or escalator though!
Was a barbeque area and the staff kept this spotlessly clean. Small tennis court/volleyball in courtyard.
Would have no hesitation in using this location again.

Room Tip: Try for a first floor room with a pool or courtyard view as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed 3 nights for business and I like it, the suites are confortable with a small refrigerator and a microwave, but they don't have utensils for eating. The hotel doesn't have a restaurand, just a market store with some options.

The gym is very small, just some cardio machines and weight. Breakfast was good with a lot of options.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I just spent a week at Springhill Suites in Bakersfield, a hotel I have stayed at in the past. This time as soon as I walked in, I noticed that the carpeting in the breakfast room/lobby area was very soiled. Then when I walked into my room, I noticed that there was makeup on the back of the desk chair (chair had bright lime green upholstery). I cleaned it off myself since I didn't want housekeeping poking around in my room while I went to dinner. I agree with others who complained about the Motion Sensor AC controls. It was almost impossible to get it comfortable and not have cold air blowing on you while sleeping, My biggest gripe is the quality of the towels in the room, in fact this same kind of towel is used in Courtyards. They are extremely thin, almost threadbare, not something that you would expect in a Mid Price Range hotel, I just spent a week at a Town Place Suites in Campbell and their towels were thick and fluffy. Breakfast is barely adequate with no variation one day to the next!! Staff at hotel seem to be professional- a bright spot in an otherwise substandard hotel stay. Next time in Bakersfield I will stay at Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn- neighboring hotels of Spring Hill,

Room Tip: All rooms basically the same, but try for top floor.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hotel is mostly comfortable. Don't like that the AC/Heater is hooked up to a motion sensor. Saving energy is noble, but not at the expense of customer comfort. Woke up all night to get the unit going again. Very inconvenient. Summers in Bakersfield can be in excess of 100 degrees.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you get hot.
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed at this location two nights and enjoyed my stay. The room was a little smaller than I was expecting. All of the furniture was there, making it a little cramped. Hot tub was very nice and the service at the front desk was very helpful. The price seemed a little high for the size of the room, but no other complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business