SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bakersfield
US$104
US$112
US$147
US$142
All reviewsroom layout isindoor poolthe sofa bedtv swivelssink areapaper platesoffice areawafflesthe breakfast areafree breakfasthungry hunterdecent breakfastmini fridgeonly stayed one nightcoffee makerplenty of parkingclean rooms
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a chance to stay at the Springhill Suites in Bakersfield for one night, weight to the Bay area. This hotel is nicely tucked away at the corner of the Marriott drive in Bakersfield right between the Hilton and the Holiday Inn. The hotel was very clean and the room was very spacious and clean too. There was a little bit of a leftover maintenance work going on for which we were compensated by the staff but complimentary cookies :-). The beds were very comfortable to sleep on. Free Wi-Fi wasvery welcome and useful. Breakfast was served in the lobby area and was very well prepared with a lot of choices. There was ample parking space around the hotel.Over all a very excellent stay in Bakersfield. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. Very friendly staff added to the good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My husband, our three tween/teen daughters and I stopped to stay at this hotel on our drive from Oregon to Disneyland in December 2013. There was plenty of room for our family to sleep comfortably, we were in a two room suite with two full beds and a pull out couch.

We hit holiday traffic on our way so it was very late when we arrived, check in was quick and easy the staff was very friendly. It was very quit and we all slept well. We woke up early the next day and were surprised by the breakfast that was offered, something for everyone.

We had a great stay and will be staying again on our next trip!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff is very nice. I was here in Bakersfield for a month and was assigned to stay in this hotel. It appeared clean, never had any major problems. The toilet is very close to the shower so I always had to push the shower curtain to the opposite side. The walls are thin and you can hear everything in the halls.

The carpets need to be cleaned through the entire hotel. I used shower shoes in the shower and they would leave black residue in the tub and no I did not wear the shoes outside, just only in my hotel room. It was manageable to stay here to me but my coworkers checked out after a few weeks and moved next door to the Holiday Inn Express and said that hotel was much better.

I am set to check out 5/24, been here since 4/20 and discovered the condition of the mattress I have been sleeping on 5/21...not to mention the towels are very very hard and dingy. The pillows were not that great and the mattress was just hard. Not to mention, the hotel was going through pipe renovations that were going on before I arrived and after I leave. The hotel did apologize for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Check the room first before unpacking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mandy S, Front Desk at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Hello EAL1527, Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience and feedback in regards to our hotel. Also, I would like to thank you for your feedback about the friendly staff, we work hard to provide a memorable experience with every guest.

I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations at the hotel. The cleanliness and overall condition of the suite was understandably unacceptable and we have taken immediate actions to investigate this oversight.

I apologize on behalf of everyone here at the hotel, our goal and expectations are to meet and exceed the needs of our guests – and our own. I hope that you will visit again so we can improve your perception of the hotel.

Kind Regards,
Mandy S

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed overnight on the way to San Francisco........very good for one night, no complaints about anything, good breakfast, helpful staff, good pool but v small. business type hotel. Eat out at Black Angus down the road.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James B
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here during a competitive cheerleading weekend event, and it was everything one would expect from a "value hotel," which emphasizes amenities that are affordable. It's clean, the staff is friendly and attentive, though the suites are noticeably smaller, and corners have been cut---sometimes in the wrong places in my humble opinion.

I found that the king suite was barely big enough to comfortably fit two adults and a teenager. This property is better suited for younger families, especially considering the thin walls and noise level. I do understand that the staff is placed in an awkward position of wanting their guests to enjoy themselves, while also maintaining an agreeable tone of decorum in the lobby and hallways. Yet, hearing Disney's latest hit song seemingly caterwauled at all hours of the day/night by a gaggle of pitchy tweenagers, did indeed grate on this traveler's nerves.

I found the "re-imagined lobby" to be a bit loud in color and physically confining. The rooms were in an interesting configuration, though the luggage cart was oversized and had a difficult time navigating the smaller halls and elevators. The in-room kitchenette was well placed and very convenient. I don't think they should have skimped on the toilet paper budget (it's as paper thin as it gets here folks), nor should they opt for the smaller brand of trash can liners: ill-fitting and truly wasteful in the end. I think it would behoove hotels to review the amount/location of convenient wall sockets (a lack here that's easy to remedy) and always provide extra blankets in a room with a pull-out. Because who here wants to hassle with blanket delivery when you are ready to hit the sack? Believe it or not, I missed not having a hand cream sample, but we did say "value hotel" after all. Parking is hassle free, as is the included breakfast---though my daughter pointed out that the pictures displayed in the hotel don't match the fare offered. Again, we get the "value" end of that stick too.

Room Tip: The view is prettier in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PatriciaElena555

Hello pbs555,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel and provide feedback. Thank you also for your feedback about the friendly staff, we work hard to provide a memorable experience with every guest.

I regret that not every aspect of your stay with us met your complete satisfaction. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and take action through training and product improvements to ensure that your next stay with us will exceed your expectations.

We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Best Regards,