“Love Marriott”

SpringHill Suites Bakersfield
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed four nights during the Independence Day weekend for a family reunion. Comfortable stay that gave us some privacy. Later took the grandsons to Knotts then two days getting home. Three crappy hotels for the price of a Marriott not available. What the boys liked best from our trip was the Marriott swimming pool. Even beat out Knotts.

Room Tip: I like a bottom floor close to pool when we have the grand kids. No stomping around on someone'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tish S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Hello RickCrescentCity_CA! I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience at my hotel for your family reunion! It's also great to hear you love Marriott! We really appreciate your loyalty, and sincerely hope you will come back and see us for your next reunion!
Best Regards,

Tish Seraj
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Bakersfield

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent one night here on the way to Death Valley. The check-in process was smooth and the room was good. Would have liked a bit more comfort on the sofa bed, but it's still a sofa bed. The only thing that needs serious improvement is the seating area at breakfast. The area was packed and there were not enough seats by far. Food was good, standard for a continental breakfast. Overall the room was a good value for what we needed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello S T! Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I'm pleased to hear your overall stay was pleasant. I'm sorry the breakfast area was so crowded during your stay and the sofa bed was not comfortable. We are currently replacing the sofa bed mattresses, so hopefully you will fnd the sofa bed more comfortable when you visit again. Regarding the breakfast seating, we do have a meeting room that can be utilized during busy breakfast times. I'm sorry if this was not an option during your stay with us. It's great to hear your stay was a good value for the suites and amenities we offer! We hope to see you again at the SpringHill Suites Bakersfield!

Tish Seraj
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent a couple of days here whilst exploring the surrounding area. Rooms are reasonable size and well fitted out. Breakfast was the standard. Cleanliness was fine. Not too much to comment here, nothing outstanding but no problems either. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Mandy S, Front Desk at SpringHill Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Hello MadCapt,

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel and provide feedback about your experience. We are continously striving to get better and provide a memorable experience for every guest.

Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Mandy S

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were so thankful to find a room in Bakersfield (everywhere seemed to be sold out) on our way to Monterey, especially at a fair price. The location is convenient and private, tucked away in a quiet, appealing setting. The lobby is okay. Upon arrival, there were lots of kids running all around and what seemed to be a couple large parties going on in/around the lobby area. We were sure the halls and walls were going to reflect the noise. But surprisingly, the room was very quiet and really nice. It was quite spacious, extremely clean, comfortable (loved the bedding..fluffy white down alternative comforter, and excellent pillows), refrigerator, microwave, and free wifi. Not a fan of the sink/counter area outside of the toilet area but not a deal breaker. Free breakfast was very good, variety was better than most. A definite do over.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a chance to stay at the Springhill Suites in Bakersfield for one night, weight to the Bay area. This hotel is nicely tucked away at the corner of the Marriott drive in Bakersfield right between the Hilton and the Holiday Inn. The hotel was very clean and the room was very spacious and clean too. There was a little bit of a leftover maintenance work going on for which we were compensated by the staff but complimentary cookies :-). The beds were very comfortable to sleep on. Free Wi-Fi wasvery welcome and useful. Breakfast was served in the lobby area and was very well prepared with a lot of choices. There was ample parking space around the hotel.Over all a very excellent stay in Bakersfield. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. Very friendly staff added to the good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My husband, our three tween/teen daughters and I stopped to stay at this hotel on our drive from Oregon to Disneyland in December 2013. There was plenty of room for our family to sleep comfortably, we were in a two room suite with two full beds and a pull out couch.

We hit holiday traffic on our way so it was very late when we arrived, check in was quick and easy the staff was very friendly. It was very quit and we all slept well. We woke up early the next day and were surprised by the breakfast that was offered, something for everyone.

We had a great stay and will be staying again on our next trip!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff is very nice. I was here in Bakersfield for a month and was assigned to stay in this hotel. It appeared clean, never had any major problems. The toilet is very close to the shower so I always had to push the shower curtain to the opposite side. The walls are thin and you can hear everything in the halls.

The carpets need to be cleaned through the entire hotel. I used shower shoes in the shower and they would leave black residue in the tub and no I did not wear the shoes outside, just only in my hotel room. It was manageable to stay here to me but my coworkers checked out after a few weeks and moved next door to the Holiday Inn Express and said that hotel was much better.

I am set to check out 5/24, been here since 4/20 and discovered the condition of the mattress I have been sleeping on 5/21...not to mention the towels are very very hard and dingy. The pillows were not that great and the mattress was just hard. Not to mention, the hotel was going through pipe renovations that were going on before I arrived and after I leave. The hotel did apologize for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Check the room first before unpacking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello EAL1527, Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience and feedback in regards to our hotel. Also, I would like to thank you for your feedback about the friendly staff, we work hard to provide a memorable experience with every guest.

I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations at the hotel. The cleanliness and overall condition of the suite was understandably unacceptable and we have taken immediate actions to investigate this oversight.

I apologize on behalf of everyone here at the hotel, our goal and expectations are to meet and exceed the needs of our guests – and our own. I hope that you will visit again so we can improve your perception of the hotel.

Kind Regards,