Booked this hotel in August for an overnight stay in October to see a concert in the downtown area. When I booked the room, the rate was $85.00 and when I reconfirmed the rate four days before my arrival, the rate somehow jumped up to $130. I contacted Holiday Inn corporate and they told me they were unable to change the rate and I should contact the hotel directly, which I subsequently did and was told by the desk agent I would have to speak with the hotel manager directly ( who was not there ). I called back the next day and explained the situation to a different person, as the manager was still not on location. I was told, "Well Sir, that's a car show weekend and those rooms are going for $280.00" I advised the desk agent that I had a rate of $85.00, booked back in August and I was merely trying to clear this problem up BEFORE I arrived so I wouldn't have to cause a scene. The employee sounded less than enthused to help me and told me the message, "would be passed along" . Luckily upon my arrival, the rate had been adjusted but there was no explanation as to who, or why it was initially increased.
The hotel is situated on a major roadway on one side and an expressway on the other so the likelihood of noise is high, but it was tolerable. The room was nice and clean and even had ceiling fans.The bedding was excellent. The hotel grounds were clean and there was plenty of lighted parking available. We were there on a Friday night and it wasn't until we were exiting the hotel to go to our show that we were made aware of some sort of barbeque taking place near the pool. I wasn't advised anything about this upon check in, as it would have been nice to know in advance and we could have planned accordingly.
The staff was friendly and even offered to take pictures of us while we posed upstairs near the chandelier. The breakfast bar was well stocked. If I had reason to be in Bakersfield again, I would stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Legacy Suites Hotel Bakersfield, CA. Offering 90 all suite accommodations featuring 37" plasma TVs, complimentary wired and wireless T1 internet access in all rooms. At the end of a long day relax in our full body massage showers, standard in all guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central Hotel Bakersfield
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Bakersfield Central
- Wyndham Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Wyndham