“Excellent”

Nuestro Mexico Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 898 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first visit to NMR and we thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit noisy and quite busy, but not unreasonable. We were there on a busy Friday night, but were seated promptly.
Server was friendly, efficient and food was served with a minimal wait and was hot and delicious. We have eaten in many Mexican restaurants and this was one of the best Mexican meals we can remember. Will certainly return when in area.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

First time for either my daughter or I to eat here. The food was amazing. I am glad that we got here before the main rush of the lunch hour though, because the place went from a few tables full to the entire restaurant full in a matter of 30 minutes.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We had the fish and street tacos. They were both very flavorful. If we return to Bakerfield, will definitely stop here again.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

See my 7/24/2016 review from my last visit to Bakersfield. Back then, my lunch experience was excellent. During this 2018 visit, I tried going here for a late dinner, and the wait time (on a Tuesday evening ) was ridiculously long. I tried again the next day for lunch, and while still very crowded, I managed to get a small table by the front door. Obviously, Nuestro is a very popular restaurant. When it’s 100% full, it’s not a pleasant dining experience; it’s loud and cramped. Food quality is ok to good, but not worth the cost charged (food portion somewhat skimpy). Servers are obviously frazzled due to the volume, so their demeanor was cordial but terse. I waited an HOUR from the time I ordered my food to when it arrived on my table. Not sure why I even waited that long, but I’m hoping I caught them on an “off” day. Parking is hard to find. Disappointed on this visit; will likely try one more time during next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

$5.50 a la carte Tacos. Don't make that mistake. The tacos are good but i will not be paying that much for ONE taco ever again. The portions are small. Rice and beans bland. Meat in the enchiladas dry. Sevice was under average because we where greeted ten minutes after we got sat. Not really sure if i would visit again.