“I would NEVER stay here again!”

Courtyard Bakersfield
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night and found that the front desk staff and the breakfast staff were very rude!

I have been a Marriott rewards member since about 1994 and I have generally been very happy with their properties and the service provided.

I have been a platinum member, gold member, and I am currently a silver member and I would not stay here!

There are plenty of other options, so there is no need to tolerate being treated rudely.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScenicWeddings
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello ScenicWeddings- Thank you for taking the time to comment about your latest stay at the hotel. I would like to discuss further any details you may have of the situation, so that I may conduct training with any individual that did not meet the Marriott standards. Please feel free to contact me at Jenny.gatlin@marriott.com.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Bakersfield

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This was a nice property but outside the hotel stunk like a garbage dump and the service personnel stunk even worse. My wife and I stayed here for on night and thought everything was good until the morning when we went to have the breakfast we paid for. We paid for 4 meals and only used 2 of them and when my wife asked for orange juice the server rudely said she could only have a child's apple juice. Not happy with the treatment from this server we went on with this breakfast. Then upon checking our banking we say we had been severely over charge on our card so we went to the front desk who were even more rude and inquired about this and they said ever hotel charges extras for incidentals. Well that is a lie being a business traveler that uses hotels over 50 nights a year. I do not see extra charge unless I was notified prior to the charge. Just very poor customer service and never lie it will not be good in the end.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TreyTomsik
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Mr. Tomsik-

Thank you for taking the time to express how your recent stay went at the Courtyard. I apologize if there was any confusion on the authorization that was placed on your debit card. All major hotels including Marriott and Hiltons authorize for room and tax plus an additional small amount for any incidental charges you may charge to your room. Upon checking out if those funds are not used, they are returned to your account. We must do this in order for guests to be able to charge anything to their room. There was never a lie or false statement said, and I apologize if you feel you were treated in a less than professional manner. Please feel free to contact me at 661-324-6660 if you have any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here after a long 12 hour drive. We just wanted something with a hot tub and close to freeway. Bed was comfortable and hot tub was really really nice. We had dinner at the hotels "Bistro". Very spendy for the food quality I thought. The front desk employee seemed rude. Not a bad place, but probably would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Happy Holidays Kevin G. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please email me at jenny.gatlin@marriott.com with your name so I may look into who checked you into the hotel. Service is very important to us and would like to follow up with the associate.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

After driving all day from Phoenix it was so nice to get to the Courtyard and have a really comfortable bed with nice pillows to sleep on. My husband really enjoyed using the hot tub to unwind and relax after the long day. The property is very well maintained and it was good value for the money.

We were concerned when we parked our car, however, as they have signs up everywhere warning you that you are leaving your vehicle unattended is at your risk and they accept no responsibility for any damage to your vehicle or loss of possessions. I don't know whether they have a lot of thefts in this area but it really is disconcerting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vbrother

Thank you vbrother for your kind words regarding your stay here in Bakersfield.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice courtyard with bistro serving a variety of casual food. Nice seating area to enjoy it while watching tv. Clean and well appointed rooms. Excellent value. We will return when passing through again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Bakersfield Courtyard and hope you return during your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We arrived around 9pm on Thursday night for check in, minimal rooms available, we got a "king handicapped room" the shower was a walk in shower, was very clean, the room was cramped due to the king size bed. I described it to my husband that it felt like stuffing Shaquill O'Neil's shoes into an average sized shoe box, he laughed, other than that it was nice. I'd stay here again, the coffee was bitter.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you Suzi B for your most recent comments regarding the hotel. Unfortunately, the layout of the accessible rooms are a bit different than our standard rooms, but I'm glad you got a good nights sleep. The bathroom in those rooms are larger and do have a walk in shower. Please note that Starbucks is available 15 hours per day in the lobby if you would like a different tasting coffee.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The people at this hotel were very polite and helpful, and the layout was a standard Courtyard you'd find anywhere else. This hotel is very convenient to the highway, great if you're passing through. The only downside is that it's located a few blocks from a recycling center, so depending on the wind/weather, there's a pretty foul smell outside. This does not affect inside the hotel at all, just outside in the parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Lawrencemon for your most recent post and stay at the Bakersfield Courtyard. You are correct in saying we are nicely located and have a great updated and renovated hotel. I have never heard of the issue of the recycling shop down the street but will look into it further.