Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$145
US$145
US$141
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblack angusmultiple restaurantsstarbucks coffeestayed for two nightsfront desk staff were friendlysliding doorvery pleasant stayrosedale highwayhot tubother hotelsgreat bedclose proximityroom rategood nights sleepconvenient locationfree internetlong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

As usual I rely on Marriott for my travel and stays on the road. Clean and friendly. I must have reserved on the wrong day and arrived the next day which I had thought I had reserved; 2 rooms. Unfortunately I was charged for the no show for the night before; 2 rooms. My bad...but I have never been billed if I missed a reservation especially when the hotel wasn't sold out.

That being said the hotel was nice and I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you can view the courtyard it's nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you JMMcD for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and if you will contact me we can discuss the second room charge.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second time here in a week, the first time I had literally arrived at ten am and left at 6am, and I was just passing thru on my drive from Las Vegas to San Francisco. This is a trip I do often for business and I have started breaking it up with a night in Bakersfield. It is clean and comfortable the staff is very sweet. Just two things I need to mention, one is that you can't get a cup of coffee before 7am, being that this is right on the highway, I would think they would have coffee available by 6 am, but I was told to go across to the doubletree if I couldn't wait 30 minutes. The other thing was the pool, it's June and 100 degrees outside, I expected the pool to be a nice temperature, but the water was freezing and the towels were the size of kitchen dish towels. Next time I will try the Doubletree.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jsandh694
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for staying while passing through on your business trips. I apologize if there was a mix up with getting coffee at any time throughout the day, as our Starbucks is available 24 hours per day. And as far as the pool, it is heated to 78 year round. I will look into the situations and ensure that these issues get resolved promptly.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Bakersfield for one night as part of our trip around the US. The service from the person on check in was very good and she was friendly and polite. We have gold status with Marriott rewards and expected breakfast to be included as part of our stay. At this particular hotel it is not the case but the check in employee explained this to us politely and handled all our other enquiries in the same way.
Our room was on the ground floor with a sliding door opening the the car park. The screen was a little broken and didn't seem to close properly. It was very hot anyway so we had the aircon and the door closed. The room was very nice and spacious with a comfortable king bed and nice TV. The bar fridge was welcome as we have found many hotels in the US don't seem to have them as standard. I have milk in my coffee and would have liked some complementary UHT portions to go with the sugar etc. However I was able to buy a small milk from the bistro.
The bathroom was clean and adequate in size and design. I was disappointed in the complimentary toiletries that were offered. We travel light and rely on the soap, shampoo and conditioner in the hotels where we stay. This particular Marriott only had a tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner for the two of us to share and two bars of soap. There was no shower cap or shower wash or moisturizer/body lotion.
So overall a very nice place to spend the night but could supply more complimentary toiletries.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Bakersfield Courtyard. Unlike the full service Marriott's, the Select Service Brands do not offer as many amenties in the room, but many can be gotten at the front desk, such as lotion and shower caps. Again, thank you and please think of us the next time you travel through Bakersfield.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a bad experience on a previous night so we went with a sure thing by staying at a Marriott. They did not disappoint. Clean property centrally located and comfortable bed. The only suggestion is that they have complimentary good coffee and some light breakfast for guests. It seems most others do provide that and Marriott commands a fair price for their room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you TL Girl for staying with us on your way to Vegas. We are a great stop for travelers such as yourself. I know it can be a bit confusing, but Courtyard and Full Service properties are the only brands that do not have complimentary breakfast, rather offer a great Bistro and coffee in your room.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here because the Hilton Garden Inn couldn't help me. Carlos the night concierge was very helpful and accomodating. The room was very nice, clean and spacious. The free breakfast was woderfull. the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Oh and it was about 20.00 cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn. I would definitely recommend for anyone coming to the bakersfield area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Pat L for the kind remarks and I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel. Please think of us the next time you are in town, and hopefully we swayed you for all future stays.