I was so excited to hear that my hometown of Bakersfield has a Marriott. It opened for business 10/31/08. I was in town for a graduation with my senior parents and kids, and this ended up being the perfect hotel for us.
Check-in was easy and we were given exactly what we wanted (adjoining rooms). We had a nice view of downtown from the sixth floor. The king room had a sofa sleeper, which made for a comfy seating area, and the flat screen TV swivled, which was convenient. The bed was very comfy with all white duvey, and sheets. The bathroom was pretty standard but had nice bath products from "Bath and Body Works". Parking is easy and free.
We swam in the pool and jacuzzi, which was fine. The workout room looked great, and was empty whenever I passed.
The location could be a plus or minus. It is perfect if you are attending and event at Rabobank arena, the McMurtrey Aquatic Center, or want to be near the train station. It is in downtown Bakersfield, but downtown is a pretty dead area of town, aside from the court buidings and city hall. That said, there are some good, hometown restaurants nearby, and the location makes it pretty central (we went to lunch in the southwest part of town and the graduation ceremony in the northeast).
I would easily return to this hotel, as it was very comfortable, and quite full-service, particularly for Bakersfield.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Bakersfield. Unique amongst hotels in Bakersfield, we are a full-service Bakersfield convention center hotel that is connected to the Rabobank Arena, Theatre & Convention Center complex. Featuring eight meeting rooms and 9,136 sq ft of total meeting space, our Bakersfield, CA hotel is ideal for meetings, training, and conferences. Enjoy our hotel's high-tech guest rooms and suites featuring 32" HD TVs, high-speed wireless internet access, luxurious bedding package and luxurious amenities. Concierge level rooms and suites offer an added level of sophistication unrivaled by other Bakersfield hotels. After work, guests can enjoy the endless options for shopping, dining, or simply enjoy an evening at our hotel's restaurant - The Nines, featuring fresh, American cuisine in a contemporary, upscale setting. Stay in the heart of it all at the luxuriously appointed Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bakersfield Marriott At The Hotel Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Marriott At Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Holiday Inn