All reviews concierge lounge full service ample free parking railroad tracks amtrak station king room excellent hotel rooms are clean fitness room outdoor pool san francisco front desk staff parking lot one night stay bed was very comfortable nines
Reviewed 15 August 2018

At a recent family gathering for a cousin's funeral, my family reserved 3 rooms at the Marriott Downtown Convention Center and found the location to be very convenient to most major freeways and highways to attend to our events and found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. The rooms were larger than other Marriotts that I have stayed at and (gold level member) and air conditioner worked great for the outside temperature in the 100's. The bathroom was a little tight but plenty of water pressure, hot water and convenient bar fridge for storing cold drinks. The catering service was excellent and for a reception of over 300 guest, we never ran out of food or drinks. The bar and decor was modern and upscale, the restaurant was friend and efficient with a nice breakfast buffet. If you are on a business or family trip that brings you to beautiful downtown Bakersfield, this is a very good place to stay with ample free parking.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and above 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I had the opportunity to stay @ this property in June 2018. I chose this property because of the location and for the price of the room. I was a bit wary of property because of some of the reviews. I ended up extending my stay because based on my experience I found this property comfortable. Check in was welcoming and quick. Room interior looked a bit dated but it was clean, quiet and comfortable.
The room was cleaned each day of my stay and the cleaning crew were friendly. The front desk staff was helpful and offered some great tips for local dining. Nuestra Mexico within walking distance of this property and was excellent. Room TV worked fine and the internet access was fine during my stay. Water pressure was good. Gym was roomy and offered plenty of natural light. Machines worked fine. Conciere lounge had tasty offerings in both the evening and morning. As I mentioned before, I extended my stay @ this property because my experience I found great value and being comfortable. If you need to stay at a property downtown in BFL (right next to Rabo Arena) this I recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Well, this place is not up to the standards of a normal Marriott. While it was clean and the concierge lounge was great the fire alarm that went off two days in a row at 5 am sucked.

We completed after the first day and apologizes at the front desk were profuse but two days in a row? WTH?

The pool was nice.

Not sure I will return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Large rectangular block full-service Marriott adjacent to the downtown convention center. Rooms face either railway tracks or city streets. Very close to but not right at the Bakersfield Amtrak station. Located in a downtown, Monday-to-Friday, business neighborhood that rolls up the sidewalks at 5 PM. Very limited night and weekend dining within walking distance off hotel property.

Hotel has the standard full-service Marriott dining room and lobby bar. It has a small and clean outdoor pool and well-equipped workout room. My clean and well-maintained Marriott elite-floor room had mini fridge and microwave. Pay-to-eat breakfast (free to guests with higher elite benefits) has a basic buffet with omelet station, as well as a la carte items. Elite lounge was closed for the weekend during my stay.

Check-in and check-out were done by welcoming representatives.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Check-in was quick and painless. Our room was clean. Beds were firm and comfortable. Good location in town. Convenient, free parking. And there was a clean pool! It’s a Marriott, so of course it’s nice. Recommend!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family