“Typically Fine Hampton Experience”

Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Nashville, Tennessee
“Typically Fine Hampton Experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a great Hampton Inn that offered no surprises, other than a much larger than normal bathroom. The check-in was fast and friendly - the breakfast was fine - rooms are spacious and quiet - and the wif-fi worked well. The shared parking was a bit confusing since it's actually in front of the restaurant (more signage would be helpful). We were in and out and didn't explore the neighborhood, so it's possible it's not the best part of Bakersfield - but it's certainly not the worst.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end of the property would likely be quieter than the other end.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for writing such an awesome review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Consistency is one thing that many people enjoy about the Hampton Inn brand. I hope when you are back in town you will stop in and stay with us again. We love having you here.

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Hampton Inn is easy to access from the freeway and is in a good location with several restaurant choices in the area. The Hotel is clean and quiet, with newly remodeled rooms. The Hotel staff is friendly and helpful, but not overly friendly and fake acting. Breakfast is terrific, with lots of choices. I especially enjoy the oatmeal and fresh fruit. They seem to have the best tasting orange juice in California!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Randie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. I really appreciate the great feedback. It is such a joy to see you each time you stay with us. You have become like family to all of us here at the Hampton Inn. Can't wait to see you again.

Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I generally love to stay at Hampton Inns. However, this particular one was ver sub-par. What made it so were the following:

* The bathroom was TERRIBLE! While it was larger than most, it totally lacked ANY counter on which to place cosmetics or toiletries. None! It was incredibly awkward and very unacceptable.

* Throughout the night, there was an intermittent rattling noise emanating from the small in-room refrigerator...sounding like tapping on a window. Other members of our party who stayed in another room on another floor also mentioned that they had the same disturbing noise as well.

The complimentary breakfast was very good, however.

Would I stay at this Hampton Inn again or recommend it to others? Absolutely not.

Stayed November 2013
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I am sorry to hear that your stay at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central was not 100% satisfying. We do appreciate you taking the time to write a review and let us know areas we need to work on to make our Hampton Inn one of the best. I know you did not enjoy your recent visit, and I will do everything in my power to see that these issues that you experienced do not go unnoticed by staff and management. I do hope you will give us another chance to prove that Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central is one of the best Hampton's out there. Thank you again for your comments.

San Jose
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for one night on Business after a 4.5 hr drive. Arrived and noticed it shared parking with Chinese Buffet Restaurant. Not bad, I thought but noticed nobody in there at peak Dinner hour. Also, hotel is in a not very nice part of Bakersfield, if there exists such enclaves. Checked in and Desk Clerk asked me how I was. I said I was "punchy". She immediately backed away and seemed scared. Made awkward comment like, "I'm sorry", please don't do that". I asked what she meant and she said it must have been a bad day to want to punch her. I was shocked and said, "No, I am punchy - I just drove almost 5 hours". She laughed it off but I could tell she was still nervous. Really? I am hardly an intimidating person. Anyhow, I stayed there because it was close to my business meeting the next day. Had an average nights sleep as the room was right on the street, even with a high floor I could hear all the traffic. Hotel is still under renovation as there were construction workers coming in and out. Breakfast was free, but I would not have paid for it. Eggs were dry and rubbery. Bacon was the thin, precooked stuff you get at Walmart. Moral of the story: You get what you pay for and a little less.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not 100% satisfying. We do appreciate all feedback from our guests. It lets us know our strengths and weaknesses and where we need to improve. I hope you give us another chance to show you our Hamptonality at its finest. Thank you again.

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn in downtown Bakersfield only because the one to the north was already totally booked when I went to reserve. I always request a quiet room. This time I got what is probably the noisiest room in the hotel--4th floor practically overhanging US-99. If that wasn't bad enough, there were three dumpsters right below us and yes, they were emptied at 6:15 AM the morning we were there. The desk person in the morning didn't want to hear my complaints.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Virginia,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that. Again, I thank you for your review and we'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as we make future improvements to our hotel. I'd love to have you back to give our hotel a second chance.

Best Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The fastest and most friendly hotel front desk staff this frequent business traveler has ever experienced. My room was clean and very comfortable. Unlike many hotels, the Hampton had enough outlets for my phone, hot spot, personal computer, business computer, and iPad! The linens were luxurious.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I am very happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us. Also that your accommodations were pleasing as well. I can completely relate with you on hotels never having enough outlets for all the electronics we carry nowadays. That was one area that we made sure and covered during our renovation of our rooms. I am glad to hear that it has not gone unnoticed. Thank you for such a great review and I hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Roseville, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Hampton Inn in Bakersfield is right on route 50 on the route between central California and Las Vegas. The hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff is very helpful, including a wealth of knowledge about local restaurants and attractions. The price was reasonable, check-in and check-out very efficient. A great deal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for such great compliments of our staff and property. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you choose our hotel again when you are on the road traveling and need a place to lay your head at night. We love having you here.

Thank you again.