DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$145
US$141
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
1,254 results
All reviewswarm cookiesbreakfast buffetan older hotelconventioncostcostarbucksroomyvegashwy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. There were major events going on at the hotel and the room was still very quiet. The staff is helpful and accommodating. Starbucks in the lobby is a nice perk.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree for the "Great 48 Hour Bluegrass Jam" event which is held annually in mid-January. We truly appreciate that the Doubletree Hotel is willing to accommodate this event which allows non-stop around-the-clock music to be played throughout most of the hotel. There are a few sections that are designated as quiet areas after 10:00pm, but guests who are not participating in the bluegrass event should be aware of this event if they are travelling in January and should plan accordingly. We were able to check in quickly. The staff was courteous and helpful, and we enjoyed the delicious warm chocolate chip cookies that are given to guests upon arrival. My husband asked if there was a microwave in the room as there hadn't been one on our previous stay, and we were told that microwaves cost an additional $15 fee. When my husband complained that microwaves are a standard amenity at most hotels, the desk clerk agreed to let us use one at no charge for this one stay, but we would need to be aware of the charge on future stays. There are only two elevators in the hotel, neither of which was close to our room which was in the southwest corner of the hotel. We used the stairs for most of our stay. The air conditioner did not work properly, and we were unable to keep the room at a comfortable temperature without having the window open. Fortunately we were upstairs, but we did have a lot of freeway noise with the window open. When we attempted to operate the air conditioner (which we never were able to adjust to a comfortable temperature), the fan rattled continuously. The beds were very comfortable, and the flat screen TV got a great picture. There was plenty of dresser drawer space, and the closet was roomy with an adequate number of hangers. Our guest room had its own balconey, and the room was spacious. There were two sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom, which was nice. Free Internet was included and it worked well. The desk chair, however, was very worn and would not adjust to a comfortable height. A dust ruffle at the foot of one of the beds was ripped, not a big deal but didn't look very attractive. The waste baskets are very tiny and hardly adequate, but housekeeping provided us with a large trash bag. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. Accommodations at the Doubletree are not luxurious but are reasonably comfortable and the rooms are competitively priced with comparable hotels

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about the excellent staff at DoubleTree in Bakersfield! They were helpful, friendly, & cooperative during the 4 days we were there for the CBA's Great 48 Bluegrass Jam. The gym was wonderful: a nice array of machines, both aerobic & weight, with towels, hand sanitizer, and fresh water made it really pleasant working out. The spa was a nice touch too--first time I've had time to use it between the music events! And a special thanks to Rene, for helping us with our luggage cart, and to Janine in the restaurant, for everything. Can't wait to see you all again next year: same time, same place, at the Great 48! And thank you to John & everyone else in management for making us feel so welcome! You allow us to turn the hotel into a bluegrass music center for the week every January, and it is a fabulous event!!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I thought this hotel was just fine for the price. I wasn't expecting the Ritz...I'm in Bakersfield after all! I got an updated room facing courtyard/pool, with a working thermostat. Maybe I was lucky? That'd be a first! Although I didn't go to the gym at the buttcrack of dawn (can't speak about not opening on time), I did use it. It had 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and a bike, several weight machines, no free weights. The treadmills' TVs didn't work. That and no free weights MIGHT be my only complaint...but, ummm, not really. I travel a fair share for work and I stay in all levels of hotels. This is fine...not fabulous, but fine. Makes me wonder what all these complainers normally live like. I have a really nice house by the beach, yet I'm fine with this hotel. It's clean, kind of outdated looking but no smells or stains like others have said. Again, maybe I'm just lucky and got one of the better rooms.

Also, I had really friendly service. The guy at front desk was very helpful and pleasant. Hotel is close to some stores and restaurants. I can't comment on the restaurants and food here as I never ate in the hotel. I did just think of something that kind of irritated me here...the business center's internet was impossible to use. I wasn't able to view something for work on my mobile devices, so I used the business center's computer. That was a bust. Internet never loaded up. I had no probs watching netflix in my room but I did get the upgraded, faster internet connection code, as I'm hilton honors gold.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor, maybe rooms 415-423. Ask for closest entrance/elevator for your room. Check in staff will provide map.
Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It was great until the bathroom backed up. Staff came to repair, I had NO bathroom for 4 hours and a wet carpet outside my bathroom all night. I wouldn't stay again. A sorry it happens, is all I got from the desk. I would hope they fix their plumbing for the next guests