“Nice motel!”

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Comfy bed and clean room. I was pleasantly surprised. Will stay at LaQuintas again soon. Stayed there because tired of bad beds and dingy rooms at Days Inn and for about same price we stayed here. Just wish there was La Quinta in more of the places I travel too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, California, USA
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The staff was very friendly the room was clean inside. The outside was ok, not great. It was a great stay over all. I got in late and they kept my reservation and they greeted me. My room was ready and they gave me a great room location. I would stay there again and I recommend anyone stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I visit Bakersfield about once a month and typically stay at LaQuinta North, which is a safe and comfortable place to stay. This trip North had no reservations and I needed dog friendly hotel. This hotel does not feel safe. When I was checking-in there was a man who was barefoot and appeared homeless who came in and stood at the check-in desk while the clerk described where my room was located (frightening). When the desk clerk could tell I was uncomfortable she explained that there is a security guard on duty. It is now midnight and I cannot sleep. I have a man and woman directly outside my door fighting. Supposedly there is security officer but I haven't seen anyone. My dog will not get any potty breaks until daylight. I will NEVER stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank CHRIS H
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I brought my family here and we felt completely safe. We had to park on the backside near the pool. None of us felt threatened. We even took our 2 little girls swimming. The only sad part about our stay is that we missed breakfast so I had to go buy it. We have no gripes about this location. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lmari535
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have been staying in Bakersfield every weekend so we can visit my Dad through his treatment at the nearby Brain injury facility.
We arrived late at night and had my Brother not been with my Mom and I we would not have felt comfortable walking from our car to the room! Rooms on the outside, they were ok clean wise, rusted out tub bare bones room.

No maid service had been done when we returned to our room at 4pm when we called to see why and get new towels the desk clerk acted surprised that we could possibly need that.
The breakfast was ok, terrible coffee and plenty of seedy shoeless patrons eating.

We have stayed in many hotels in the area and you couldn't pay me to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank CocoNine
A TripAdvisor Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 9 August 2013

La Quinta is overall the best hotel I have ever stayed in and let me tell you I usally stay at the Marriott and this La Quinta was quite impressive. I would diffently stay there in the future it was the best nights sleep I got on my travels from Seattle to Arizona. Thank you for making me feel so good for my road trip the next day. Patty

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Travellers also viewed these Bakersfield hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
#8 of 63 in Bakersfield
Ramada Limited Bakersfield North

Been to La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South

Address: 3232 Riverside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93308-6346
Region: United States > California > Bakersfield
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Price Range: £52 - £114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield