“Nice room for passing through ”

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
“Nice room for passing through ”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Wouldn't stay here more than one night. First motel ever to scare me. Homeless people outside that followed our vehicle then walked off when we parked. ?? Nice rooms. Nice staff. Waffle maker and fruits with continental breakfast. Internet didn't work like stated online. Great price. Right by IHOP. Sketchy town.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
U.S.A.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for one night while traveling. When we entered the lobby, 2-3 housekeeping personnel
by the door, we said hello to them and received blank stares. The desk clerk was matter of fact not overly friendly. See bluntly pointed to a printed sign taped to the front desk and told us we need to read it. It was informing guests that water to the hotel would be shut off at 8am the next morning. No "sorry for the inconvenience" from the clerk, almost like "stay somewhere else if that's a problem" kind of attitude. Neighborhood is sketchy, a few "earthy" looking people around but no one bothered us. Room was moderately clean, lots of stray hair in the bathroom like most lower end motels. Fine for a night just remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

For the price-point it is one of the best. It is convenient to the freeway and has a great staff. They are always polite and recognize repeat customers. The breakfast is decent and the rooms are comfortable. There are many restaurants nearby and a famous local breakfast diner and country music dinner house.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Visalia, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

It's not the worst place to stay, but certainly not the best either. Beds are comfortable, but that's about all. One elevator for each building and there r three. We stayed three nights and part of the coffee maker was missing, we never got coffee all three days. Breakfast was a joke all carbs. They had cream cheese but nothing to put it on. Creamer was powder, one flavor if yogurt. Very poor breakfast. Next year we will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am a professional woman and I worked in Bakersfield for sixty days and I stayed at this hotel, so I know it well. Earwigs and roaches, homeless people sleeping in the elevators, sagging beds and sad boring breakfast every morning. However, I good naturedly put up with it all. There is a security guard on the grounds, so I never felt in danger.
Still, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and will never stay at a La Quinta again. But this is the LAST STRAW!

In my entire life, I have NEVER received a stealth credit card charge from ANY business six months after the fact, which is exactly what this hotel has done to me. SIX MONTHS after my stay, I got a $295 charge on my credit card bill from this hotel. They said they undercharged my company for my stay by mistake. Now, they wish to extract what their mistake has cost them from me. Needless to say, I have had no problem in getting this unscrupulous charge reversed by my credit card company.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.