“"Nice Hotel"”

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is right off the freeway and the location is good. There are several eating places within walking distance to eat and a Dennys located on the property. The rooms are reasonsable priced. We had a reservation so checking in was fast and the clerk gave us a downstairs room as we had requested. The room was very spacious , clean and comfortable. The air conditioner worked great considering it was 105 degrees outside. Overall we had yet another pleasant stay at a Vagabond Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a Remodeled room upfront
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

As I was driving thru bakersfield I decided to stop at the Vagabon on Panama Lane. My experience there was Great. The clerk Marliza was very nice and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. Hope to see u again

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future! Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Passing through Bakersfield we decided to stop for the night. Found this Vagabond right off the freeway. Girl that checked us in Marlizta was her name I think was very friendly and the room looked like it was recently renovated. Overall a great stay and In-N-Out across the street, can't beat that!

• Stayed: July 2014
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Overall my stay was great. Nice clean rooms and the front desk clerk (Marliza) was great. She was very helpful. They have free wifi works good and they have free continental breakfast really early very convenient. There is a Denny's next to the hotel and a Walmart.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. Marliza is a great asset to our hotel and we are very happy to hear that she made your stay more enjoyable. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here because of the reviews here. Family was in town and our house was packed I just thought "ill take a break and let them takeover!" The vagabond and the staff members there are exceptionally friendly! As everyone else said they make you feel very welcome. Rooms were clean and new floors are super nice! Jackie at the front desk was the best. When they gave me the review card and asked me to state my opinion here I could not turn them down. Thank you all!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Well as a person that travels a lot for work I've found that I only stay at this Hotel. I've stayed about 3-4 month towards the end of the year in 2013. Headed that way again next month. The rooms are great nice some have kitchens in them, microwaves & fridges. The staff is very friendly. The pool is great for kids. They offer great prices. It's located around some good shopping areas from food to clothing. They also have a card which can get you a free stay after a 9 stays. There is a girl there named Alma at the front desk that everytime I go makes my staying experience perfect. Being in the oilfield staying away from home & having a goodnight rest is important and the hotel and it's staff is great. Great breakfast for those on the go guests. If you need to stay longer than a few days they offer worker rates too. So if your deciding where to stay look no further call vagabond south ask for Alma or any of the other great front desk girls well help you out & get you resting quickly.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our guests are our number one priority here at Vagabond Inn South and we are very happy to hear that our front desk clerks are making your staff more enjoyable. See you next month!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really fell in love with the cleanness of the hotel room .and the over all keeping... The front desk clerk Michelle she was a very helpful very professional. Made my stay easy n nonestressful.Exactly what I was looking from a hotel.after a long business day.I all I want its to get to my nobody likes the hassle of checking in and getting a rude clerk.I recommend this hotel to anyone tht wants a restful nite and a clean room.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your business is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again in the near future!