Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
Hampton.com
US$111
US$100
Travelocity
All reviewsfull size fridgemy home away from homerecommend this hotelkitchenettestove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We got this room on Priceline Express Deals. I was denied a request for 2 beds because I used Priceline to book the room. I realize 2 beds are not guaranteed but if a room with 2 beds is available I don't see why I could not be accommodated. Nevertheless the front desk clerk was very pleasant and handled the check in and room situation in a professional manner. I realize he is only following management orders. My invoice stated "Priceline low" so I was expecting the most inferior room on the property. We got a room on the lower level in the back facing the freeway. I must say the room was very clean. The room appeared to be recently remodeled. However it lacked the upper door latch which is very important given the location of our room. Although there was plenty of parking in the rear of the property a few steps from our room, we parked our car in the front. I will not be returning. Just didn't feel safe here.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Chiva_Viajera
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I travel for work. This is the most expensive Extended Stay America I have stayed in. It was by far the smallest and dirtiest I have stayed in. The furniture was broken and the carpet was stained and dirty, The bathroom was so small you had to stand beside the toilet to close the door.

Room Tip: Third floor doesn't have the drug dealers or prostitutes.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Lane A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the furniture was not up to par and the cleanliness of the room was not to your liking. Unfortunately the bathroom size is standard for this location. I will be be using your review as a training tool as well as inspecting each room prior to guest arrival.

Again my sincere apologies for your inconvenience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bak@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America many times now and I really enjoy it. It is my home away from home. The staff are extremely helpful and always sweet! I didn't try the breakfast but only because the rooms have dishes, pots, pans and a stove, so I made my own breakfast every morning. Which is delightful ! I have to eat out often due to so much traveling so I love when i can cook a home meal !

Room Tip: I was close to the freeway but it didn't bother me, I couldn't really hear it due to thick walls and doors. Which I loved!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

April - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the service our staff provided, and your room, especially the kitchen where you could make all of your own meals. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff at this facility were the best in my experience of staying in hotels, which spas over 50 years. I was going to move out, when the desk people told me that they would make a resevation for me, even though there were no available rooms. They found one for me and kept me from spending too much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank buceamos
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be one of the best you have ever visited and that our staff took such great care of you. I know that we truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very nice hotel just off Hwy 99. Near everything! Easy in and out. Hotel looks like they just refurbished the whole thing - rooms, grounds, parking. Large rooms with full kitchenettes including full size fridg, 2 burner electric stove, microwave, coffee maker, plates, pans, cups, dishes, silverware. Super clean bathroom. Comfy bed. Flat screen TV. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family