“Low Price...Low Quality”

Ranked #45 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Spokane
“Low Price...Low Quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I'm not one who needs a ton of amenities...just want a place to flop down on a decent bed...get up early and go! Most facilities pass this test. This facility would be right on the verge of not passing. Really small room...walls were torn up...bathroom was clean, but showing age...no coffee maker! I would probably search for other options if in this area again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Dennis K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Olivehurst, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stopped over here recently on a trip to Las Vegas. It was a very cheap rate, which always gives me pause, but it was convenient to I-5. Check in was very pleasant, even though it was a bit past midnight. The desk clerk was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean although a bit dated and some minor deferred maintenance. We were in a room on the second floor down a short hallway which seemed to funnel all the truck noise from the freeway and the street right past our door. We were also near the top of the stairs, so people coming and going was a bit noisy. We didn't make it down for the breakfast, and there was no coffee to be had when we checked out. The bed was very comfy. Overall, it was a good deal for the money and I would stay and recommend it. Just ask for a room away from the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Moorpark, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The customer service is horrible. The room I was put in was torn up. The shower was falling apart. The carpet was ripped and coming up. The bedding was from a nightmare. Do not stay here. I asked to be placed in another room and they berated me for even choosing their establishment. The rude manager offered me a discount because she knew the condition of the room, but would not switch me or give me a full refund so I could go somewhere else. I like the choice hotel chain. This however is the only exception I have ever found. Disgusting.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

El Cerrito, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I thought this was a great motel. The room was spacious and clean and looked like it had recently been redone. It had a good sized walk in shower big enough to comfortably fit two people. The air condition looked it was fairly new and had digital controls, which I really liked. And the bed was so comfortable!

The only thing I didn't like was the smell in the lobby and the guy at the front desk was kind of a jerk.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kodi L
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is my first review, but am too upset to just bend over and take it. Shower temperature cannot be changed or controlled. Coffee maker advertised but missing and "hotelier" says they never have provided them. No TV remote, but that's ok because it doesnt work anyway. When I offered to move rooms, and asked for help politely, I was repeatedly given the only word this guy knows in English - "NO". I will be lucky if I am not billed for all the missing and broken things. Avoid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Irvine,California, EEUU
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

It was awful. I had forgotten two pyjamas and when I phoned to the hotel they said that the pyjamas there weren't there. The cleaning woman stole our pyjamas! I've travelled a lot and I've never I seen one situation like this. The woman, Ramila was so rude!
The bedrooms were dirty and the situation of the motel is unsafe.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family