“With a skilled server named Chanda, we had no complaints”
Review of Mimi's Cafe Bakersfield - CLOSED

Mimi's Cafe Bakersfield
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Having overnighted in Bakersfield on a driving trip to southern California, we stopped in at Mimi's on California Avenue before heading south on Route 5. When our server, Chanda, suggested that I upgrade from the Perdu waffles (with fruit stuffing and whipped cream) to a full breakfast for a dollar more, it seemed like good selling on her part. It was, but it was also just what I needed to attack the day at full speed. And of course we then ordered a 4-pack of Mimi's sensational muffins, to go.

As for Chanda, I doubt that she'll remain a server for long. Her combination of brains, skill and personality should move her up in a hurry.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Just looking for a good simple meal after two days of hard driving. Menu looked pretty good and so did the pictures. Once we got there the decor was nice and we were able to eat outside which was nice too. But we were very disappointed in the food. Very average and below average. I'd think twice before going back again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visit Mimi's Cafes whenever we can because we really like their food - and the quality seems to be consistent no matter which location we visit. But what set this visit apart from all the others was the service. Simply put, from the minute we walked into the restaurant until the end of our meal, everyone, from the gentleman at the front, to our server, to the cashier - was warm, friendly and very welcoming. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that our visit and our meal was special. And yet, even with all the attention, it was never intrusive or overbearing. Well done!!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I met a friend here while visiting and the food was great and the service great. It was lunch during business hours and they made sure to get us our food very timely so we wouldn't be late back to the office.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stopped here on our way home as traveled through Bakersfield. We have had both good and horrible Mimi's experiences in different cities.

Our server could not have been nicer or more attentive or more helpful; she was super! I knew I just wanted a bowl of soup and not sure of how one tasted; she brought me a sample.

My husband ordered the turkey dinner and he said it was VERY good - lots of moist, freshly sliced turkey along w/ mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. He asked for additional gravy and our server brought it promptly.

We would not hesitate to return to this Mimi's.