“Excellent stay”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a hotel in Bakersfield that had the following criteria: clean, safe, not too expensive, & location. We picked the perfect hotel! Everything was great! Clean, new rooms. Safe surrounding area, and we felt safe in our room. $97/nt with my AAA discount. The location was perfect- between our two families' homes. I had asked for a safe, quiet room, and we got exactly that. Staff was friendly and helpful. Always a smile on their faces. I highly recommend this hotel (and I'm a picky hotel chooser!).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Swimmerk,

Thank you for your recent stay at our facility. We are very excited having received such a lovely review. Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield for your lodging needs. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback.

Sinerely,

Front Office Staff

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Very nice hotel! The staff at the front desk were so nice! The restaurant manager was very nice as were the servers. The food was very good! One night the special was eggplant Parmesan and it was the best I had ever had! I have never felt so welcome in a hotel! The beds were a little on the firm side for my taste, but they moved me to a suite which had a nice thick mattress pad on the bed and I was mush more comfortable! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Renee K,

Thank you for your review and giving us the opportunity to learn from your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay . Please except our apologies for the inconveince to your first guestroom. I'm very excited you found your Suite accommodation more comfortable. Thank you again for the nice comments and feedback regarding your stay.

Sinerely,

Front Office Staff

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Nicely decorated rooms, clean and quiet. Free Wifi and parking. Pool and spa area were clean and warm, lots of towels. Restaurant on ground floor was good for breakfast. There were others within walking distance of hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear kathiann,

Thank you for your recent visit. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom decor as well as, other hotel features and outlets.

We are always anxious to hear reviews regarding our facality, your comments and feed back are greatly appeciated.

Thank you for giving us the opportunty to serve you.

Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Like new with a great staff and all the little Priority Club perks I like....and....they give you. A Rubber Duckie in the bathroom....nice touch!!! Greeted and thanked for my Priority status and given some sweet discount for breakfast or dinner. If you have to be in Bakersfield ...this is a safe choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jeffdblak
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Jeffdblak,

Thank you for your recent stay. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our local Priority Club perks as well as, the Rubber Duckie. On behalf of our staff we thank you for reviewing our facility and letting us provide your hospitality needs. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before. I still love it, the beds, breakfast, pool, staff but I never want to stay in suite 208 again. The first morning I woke to the sound of a trash truck picking up trash. We had our 2 granddaughters and thought it would be too much trouble to change rooms. Surely the trash wasn't picked up every day. No but delivery trucks come every day. I did discuss this with the front desk and in the future will be sure we don't get a room at this end of the building. Especially on or near the kitchen area! Yes I will stay again but will be sure to make my request known.

Room Tip: The second floor near the kitchen might not be too your liking if you plan to sleep in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Suann_60
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Suann_60

Thank you for your recent stay. I apologize to you and your family regarding our delivery service. We truly value your business and want to make it right the next around.

As you mentioned, after speaking with a GSR. We have followed up in making sure your accommadation request are noted in your profile for your next visit. Once again, thank you for your feedback and you contiuned business.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

We literally crahsed here on the way up North having had a really long day travelling to the hotel and leaving early the next morning. Of what we experienced in the hotel, it was everything you really expect from an HI. Knoweldgeable and courtious staff, modern, clean hotel and a comfy bed for the night. Perfect for what we needed but I cannot offer much more than that sorry!

We chose it as it was close to the main road but it is located in a quite industrial looking area, which I could imagine putting some people off. Although if you are staying in this area, you will have little choice in the matter as vitually all the hotels are clustered in the same area!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BLWORLDTRAVELS
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear: BLWORLDTRAVELERS

Thank you for your recent stay as well as, the wonderful review you gave Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfied. We are very pleased to hear that we did well accomodating you and your party. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank You Again.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first night my mother was in the hospital. I made my reservation at 4:30 the afternoon of the evening I found out that she was seriously injured, picking a Holiday Inn because I knew Holiday Inn Express hotels were always clean and provided breakfast. I arrived at the hotel at 11 pm and the reception desk person showed me where the breakfast was served. The quality of the hotel and the room was similar to the Holiday Inn Expresses I had been to, but more expensive than some of the other nearby hotels. It wasn't until the next morning that I found out breakfast was not included. other than that confusion, the hotel was just ok. Clean, comfortable bed and quiet room. Oh, and I had to ask for a refrigerator and microwave (good thing I asked, since breakfast wasn't included)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LwindVta
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Dear Havefun54,

Thank you for your recent stay. I truly apologize for the inconveinces you have experienced. We at the Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield are working diligently to update our website so that the correct information is being provided when choosing your hotel. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience regarding your stay. Please accept my apologizes on behalf of our entire team. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerly,