You know you've been somewhere special when all you can do is think back on your vacation, even 3 days later.
Nomad Divers managed to make our dream vacation a reality and then some.
Sophie and Simon are wonderful hosts; in fact the whole Nomad Divers team is outstanding.
We stayed with Nomad Divers for our full 17 days trip to North Sulawesi and would go back again in a heartbeat. Over the course of this period we logged 43 dives, all of which were exceptional.
- Beautiful, quiet and relaxed location. Rustic yet comfy bungalows that perfectly blend in the natural jungle environment.
- Very efficient dive operation. Our guide, Bol, was awesome and spotted many unbelievably hard to spot critters. Captain Bacho, boat staff Romi and Butra were equally helpful and certainly contributed to making our daily rides enjoyable.
- Ridiculously diverse dive sites with an overwhelming amount of fish, coral and invert species. Frogfish-o-rama.
- Top notch guests! Every single guest we had to chance to meet over our extended stay were a pleasure to dive and chat with.
If you are planning a trip to North Sulawesi, I would strongly recommend you spend your time on Bangka as it offers a perfect blend of what Bunaken and Lembeh propose. If you are set on this destination, stay with Nomad divers, you'll be guaranteed to have a blast!
It's cliché to say that we first met Sophie and Simon as guests and left Nomad with new friends at the other end of the globe (we're Canucks) but we sincerely believe it.
5 Green Balls for you Nomad, well deserved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small friendly scuba diving resort on Bangka Island, North Sulawesi. With daily trips to Lembeh and Bunaken you can enjoy a huge variety of diving with us. We have four bungalows with en-suite bathrooms and balcony and a beachside restaurant, bar and dive centre. ... more less