“Lovely Time in the Snow and the Trees!”
other travellers have booked this property
Winter in Bear Valley Back of Cabin w/ Large Deck & Meadow
Main Bath
Bunk Bed Room
Stanislaus River
Drinks on the Deck
Carson River (great fishing)
Kayaking on Lake Alpine
The Beauty of Fall in the Sierras
Silver Creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Books'n'B...
Turlock, CA
“Lovely Time in the Snow and the Trees!”
Reviewed 4 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

Our family of 10 stayed here for Thanksgiving. We all had a delightful time. The cabin was well stocked and we lacked nothing. I was a little worried since we were cooking many large meals, but the kitchen had everything we needed. The table had room for us all plus the food. There were plenty of blankets, chairs, dishes, towels, bedding, etc. We enjoyed looking out the many windows to watch the kids play in the snow. The only negatives were very minor - the refrigerator had about a dozen items in it belonging to the owner. We had plenty of room for our own items, but with many family members bringing food it was a little hard to tell what belonged to our party and what didn't. I hope we didn't eat anything that didn't belong to us or leave undesired items behind. The second area we had a little difficulty with was the BBQ grill. It was difficult to get out and the propane tank was empty. Of course most people don't BBQ in winter so that's understandable. We filled the tank and still enjoyed ourselves. Those were very minor problems. Everything else was wonderful and no one wanted to leave. It's obvious the owners take great care of their property and we are thankful we had a chance to enjoy it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt like we were home, not in a rental.
Liked least: The items in the fridge made me worried we would use them by mistake.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
4 Dec 2011
Sorry about the Bar-B-Que. We had no idea anyone would want to use it in the winter or we wouldn't have blocked it in with the fire wood, Glad your family had a great time. To bad there wasn't more snow.
Reviewed 20 June 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Reviewed 2 June 2011 for a stay in August 2009

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Reviewed 1 June 2011 for a stay in July 2007

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The pretty location with nature all around.
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other

Reviewed 29 May 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
Reviewed 27 May 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Management Response
27 May 2011
Thanks Brian for your quick response and positive feedback.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing