“This is a great cabin and great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Winter in Bear Valley Back of Cabin w/ Large Deck & Meadow
Main Bath
Bunk Bed Room
Stanislaus River
Drinks on the Deck
Carson River (great fishing)
Kayaking on Lake Alpine
The Beauty of Fall in the Sierras
Silver Creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

Graycatbi...
Stockton, California
“This is a great cabin and great location”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

This trip to the snow was a birthday present for me. This holiday rental is simply fantastic. It is a log house, four bedrooms, two baths, sleeps ten. All the modern conveniences, but with a rustic charm. It is equipped with every possible necessity. Wood stove in the living room and one bedroom, electric heaters in bedrooms and bathrooms. A five minute walk on a groomed roadway from parking lot and nearby restaurant, grill and cafe at the lodge. Note that you are responsible for cleaning and laundry. I am more accustomed to B&Bs and was surprised at this, but I take it that this is customary for holiday rentals. Highly recommended.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The cabin itself. I liked it so much, I spent as much time there as outside.
Liked least: No downers.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
3 Mar 2013
Thank you much for the positive review. We try to keep our rental costs down by giving our guests the option of cleaning for themselves or having our cleaners do it and take it out of the deposit. Hope to see you again some day.
San Rafael
Reviewed 7 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

People with disabilities Older travelers
7 Aug 2012
Thanks Pierina, Glad you also enjoyed a summer retreat at beautiful Bear Valley. I have you booked for February 2013.
Woodside
Reviewed 10 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011
person found this review helpful

People with disabilities Older travelers
Rugged travelers
10 Jan 2012
Thanks for your great review Bonnie. I have you booked for next Christmas. I hope you won't have as many accidents then!
Books'n'B...
Turlock, CA
“Lovely Time in the Snow and the Trees!”
Reviewed 4 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

Our family of 10 stayed here for Thanksgiving. We all had a delightful time. The cabin was well stocked and we lacked nothing. I was a little worried since we were cooking many large meals, but the kitchen had everything we needed. The table had room for us all plus the food. There were plenty of blankets, chairs, dishes, towels, bedding, etc. We enjoyed looking out the many windows to watch the kids play in the snow. The only negatives were very minor - the refrigerator had about a dozen items in it belonging to the owner. We had plenty of room for our own items, but with many family members bringing food it was a little hard to tell what belonged to our party and what didn't. I hope we didn't eat anything that didn't belong to us or leave undesired items behind. The second area we had a little difficulty with was the BBQ grill. It was difficult to get out and the propane tank was empty. Of course most people don't BBQ in winter so that's understandable. We filled the tank and still enjoyed ourselves. Those were very minor problems. Everything else was wonderful and no one wanted to leave. It's obvious the owners take great care of their property and we are thankful we had a chance to enjoy it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt like we were home, not in a rental.
Liked least: The items in the fridge made me worried we would use them by mistake.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Dec 2011
Sorry about the Bar-B-Que. We had no idea anyone would want to use it in the winter or we wouldn't have blocked it in with the fire wood, Glad your family had a great time. To bad there wasn't more snow.
Reviewed 20 June 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Reviewed 2 June 2011 for a stay in August 2009

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Reviewed 1 June 2011 for a stay in July 2007

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The pretty location with nature all around.
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$225
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing