“VERY Odd Desk Clerk!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This has to be one of the oddest experiences at a motel I've had. I made my reservation online knowing this was only a layover of about seven hours at the rate was cheap. The desk clerk was not friendly and proceeded to tell me my passport was not a valid form of ID and proceeded to argue with me about it (I would of thought someone from India would understand government IDs). After I explained to him that a passport is a Federal form of identification and trumped any state ID I finally got my room key. After getting in my room I decided to walk to the local store to get some snacks and when I returned the same clerk was standing outside his office and waived me over. I asked what the issue was and he stated he wanted to say hi (shocking as he was so argumentative in the office earlier) and that he had very bad gas and wanted to walk outside for a bit (are you kidding me). As I tried to get back in my room he asked for a cigarette and I ignored him and made my way into the room. After about six hours of sleep it was time to get ready to leave and my cousin had showed up to follow me for the remainder of the trip. We proceeded to eat the takeout he brought and the phone rang and it was the desk clerk telling me the room was for one person only. I yelled at him saying we are not staying as I hung up on him. I explained to my cousin what I had been dealing with and he thought I was joking.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ShortnbeefySF

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We read all the reviews before we choose your place. We were looking more for privacy, so we found that swuite has full servies, that is why we chose it. The first thing got our attention, the people who work there at the front desk. Before they talk to you, they give you a big nice smile. I guess the smile is part of there face. They are all very active in there daily work that is why the place was very clean and managed very well. The ocean is only two minutes to the hotel. You always will hear the ocean waves from your room or if you set in front of the hotel ori if you choose to sit on your balcony, it is big size around all the floor so a lot of people can join you. They have ice cream store at the next block, a 7 /11 store at the corner, and a grocery store across the street from the hotel. We were concerned because one of the people in their review said he found (hair of dog on the bed ) I think that was comfusing, every day they change all of the bed sheets and deep clean the rooms and bath room and if there is any thing you dont like or any exstra work you want it to be done just tell them. Before I go from Nags Head was my check out time was 11:00 and I haf like emergency case, I asked my check ut time be more later and they made it for me at 1:00. finally I want to say thanks for all the employees who work there. Start at front desk and to the all housekeepers for there work they all very young age but they really are a very good team and they make our vacation very smooth and nice we felt like we are in our home with a beach.

can set down iuse to set talk on phone you hear the wave of the ocean very loud and they have wonder full view place you see most of the resident on that floor stand and looking or smooking it the view there take you to look at all the area around from the tap you feel like you are in air plan about the ocean less than 2 min you are there some room look at the ocen view as isaffe lace id 2min to the ocean but you hear the wave very clear

Room Tip: ask for full sweat iused to make my own tea at any time i like , open all the window around and eat...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Bob, the general manager was great and takes very good care of ;his customers. A cute motel with well manicured grounds and lovely flowers when we were there in June. Clean and quiet.
Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We've stayed here several times to visit family. The rooms are quiet, essentially no road noise from the freeway. I haven't heard the trains myself, although there's a track nearby. The manager tends to hover a bit, but is most helpful. Breakfast is waffles/bagels/yogurt/etc.
The pool was too cold to swim in late March, unfortunately. Not sure when it warms up, might want to ask ahead of time if this matters to you or your kids.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mdmss
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This Rodeway Inn is tidy, quite good comfort and has a very good value to the price!
the manager is very nice and helps whereever he is asked for.

Good adress!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Clara K
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We were hauling a moving van, needed somewhere close to freeway and good rest. I was hesitant due to the person answering the phone could hardly speak English and I couldn't understand him. I gave the phone to my husband, which he was the same, eventually someone got on the phone with more clarity of speech. The gentleman who we could not understand was very polite met us at the entry, no other guest, got us concerned, but we were glad to see a nice king size bed with a clean room. However, there is a train that passes very close, so we took a Tylenol PM :) - only heard it before going to sleep *8pm and approx.. 5a.m. I had the gentleman mail some mail, that has yet to be received by the recipients, now a week out.

Room Tip: Train is at the back of the property, however road is at the front. We were in 4 (I think) and didn...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dale M
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed once and it was ok. I probably would've given a 3 star rating, you get what you pay for. I came back and I was refused a room because the worker apparently "recognized" me and unfairly accused me of smoking in the room. Smoking pot was implied. I did no such thing, but he wouldn't even let me say anything. Since he had gestured in the general direction of the room I had stayed in and stated a room number, I thought he actually recalled my stay. Flabbergasted, I left only to realize he had stated a different room than I had stayed in. My conclusion is that he mistook me for someone else. I guess all minorities look alike to him (he was so adamant!) and that made me more upset than the fact that I had to seek shelter elsewhere in the middle of the night.

The Holiday Inn Express costs more, but is clean and very professional.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank c p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaumont
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Oak Valley
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Americas Best Value Inn/Beaumont

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!