“I signed up to Trip Advisor just because of this B&B *stunning*”

Tigh na Coin Beagan
Ranked #1 of 1 Gorthleck B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“I signed up to Trip Advisor just because of this B&B *stunning*”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Where can I start...

I never blog about places i've stayed but I just had to after staying here for 2 nights.
Overlooking a beautiful loch, with nothing but stunning scenary, 5 Star is being harsh, easily above that and then some.

After a long drive from Glasgow we were welcomed by 4 lovely little westies, a real highland touch. Ann and Henry then appeared and we just knew it would be what we wanted. Their house is beautiful, the rooms are perfect and the dogs are just adorable!

They are great hosts and really make you feel welcome, the little touches that they add really make this place stand out above the rest. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and will find it extremely hard to find service and a feeling of being in a home from home again.
I would personally recommend this to anyone looking for a real break with a real scottish touch away from any stresses in life.

Breakfast was amazing, the choice fills you up until dinner, this sums up everything about the place, they really go over and above to make your stay as perfect as possible..

I will definately be staying here next year on my trip back.

Room Tip: Ask for a Loch facing room In the summer it never gets dark till around 11
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

What a place! This B&B is set in the most stunning of locations with views from the property of Loch Mhor. Loch Ness is a 20 minute drive away. Ann & Henry own the B&B and have to be the nicest, most accommodating people I have ever met. My boyfriend and I stayed here to get away for a long weekend. We decided on this B&B based on the previous reviews...and we were not disappointed. We arrived at the property to be greeted by 4 excited Westies - Max, Finnan, Maisy and Bria. We were shown to our room by Henry - and what a room. We had views of the Loch from our bedroom window and I can tell you that nothing beats waking up to that. The property was built by Ann & Henry and is absolutely beautiful. There is plenty of space and it is tastefully decorated. And it is clean! They are both clearly extremely house proud and the rooms are spotless. The breakfasts were immense. We stayed 2 nights and didn't need to buy lunch as we were fed so well! Ann & Henry are incredibly accommodating and will do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
I cannot rate this place highly enough. We will be going back as soon as we possibly can.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Such a warm welcome, generous hosts and a great location made this a fantastic stay. The b and b has many personalised touches and the owners have a real eye for detail. They were accomodating and friendly, full of local knowlegde and we will definately return when travelling up from Dundee again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn W
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We were greeted by four beautiful westies and an even warmer couple. The breakfasts are delicious, the views breathtaking and the beds very comfortable. The cinema room was a nice surprise! I would definitely recommend exploring the highlands from here.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank brownfeet
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We spent three nights last week. You could not find a better B & B anywhere. The room was luxurious, the hospitality excellent and the breakfast you could not get better anywhere. It is run by a lovely couple who could not do more than enough. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helencampbell
magherafelt
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My partner took me away for a weekend to the beautiful highlands, and we stayed at the Tigh na coin Beagan b&b, we were delighted with what we found, Henry and Ann are so welcoming and friendly and nothing is to much trouble, Our room was just beautiful, with the personal touches that really made all the difference, the room was spotlessly clean and the view was spectacular, the couple have 4 adorable dog's which I wanted to take home with me, but was not allowed :-(, I would recommend this beautiful guest house to anyone venturing to this stunning part of the world, and would not hesitate to use it again, I actually hope to

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nicolamacrory
London
Reviewed 19 May 2010

This is a fantastic B&B, a real find. The rooms are personal, modern and clean, with fantastic views of the Loch. The staff go out of their way to make your stay memorable. The jar of freshly baked goodies in the room is a particularly nice touch and the breakfast is delicious. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank BarleyG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorthleck
Inch Hotel
#1 of 4 in Foyers
The Craigdarroch Inn
The Craigdarroch Inn
#2 of 4 in Foyers

Been to Tigh na Coin Beagan? Share your experiences!