“Bed Bugs!!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bell Gardens
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel August 6th-9th, 2012. This hotel is infested with bed bugs. The hotel is on the bed bug registry under a different name "The Ramada limited suites bell gardens". Do your homework and research it before you stay! During my stay I woke up with bites on my legs but didn't know what it was. I did see a bug but at the time I didn't know what it was. I unknowingly brought a bug home in my luggage and now have a small infestation in my house! I am positive that they are aware of the problem after reading reviews and researching. this location. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where the bugs came from! It is going to cost me a small fortune to rid my home of the bed bugs and the hotel is taking no responsibility. Don't be like me and end up with a costly and gross infestation from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jc5432

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Im writing this review while still in the bug infested room. When we got here last night, everything seemed fine. It´s a Comfort Inn so I was not expecting much, the only hotel we found in the area, since we were visiting friends. Last minute trip. We got to the room, which is very large and decently appointed, everything was fine. Friends got in the shower and I log in to trip advisor, only to discovery the terrible reviews for this hotel!!! As I was reading down the reviews, I started feeling bugs everywhere, took the sheet off the bed and there they were!!! Fleas and bugs on the bed!!! Front desk clerk acted surprised when we told her about the bugs, and she claim she had never heard a client complain about that. It was around 10PM. She said they change the bedding every day, and noone was there to change the sheets, so we came out of the front desk with "clean sheets" and we changed the bedding ourselves.
Next morning (as I am typing the review), my friend wakes up and she has bites all over her body!!!!! Front desk clerk gave her alcohol, cotton and a medication. Bathtub is disgusting, it´s worn out and seems like it´s never been serviced or replaced.
It´s the first time I experience something this disgusting in a property, and only because it was a last minute trip and I had no chance to read the reviews of the property... until I was laying down on the bug infested bed....
We had a 2 king bedroom, which was really big and comfy... except for the bugs...
I would not recommend anyone to stay here. If management does not do anything to fight the bugs, I think there is no reason why for guest to stay here, as they don´t care about their customers. I just hope I don´t bring the bugs back home!!!! Ugh!!!! I´m afraid of taking a shower in their nasty bathtub!!!! DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank dreamer8313
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I went to California to visit some family. I booked a room here previously to arriving. They did not take Debit/Credit cards which was wierd, but they did take cash. I thought the rooms were very spacious however their cleaning left much to be desired. You could see the dirt stains under the bathroom sink and hallways had dirty carpet and stains. Breakfast had a good selection but eggs were cold and sausage was at room temp. We did enjoy the pool even though I got stuck with glass while walking in the pool. Hot tub had what seemed to be a condom inside but pool was very clean. Parking is hard to find even handicap spaces since they get taken by random people from the night club next door. If I were to come back to party it would be a good place, but not while visiting with the family although it could be cleaner and more taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

After reading the reviews I was a little nervous staying here. The area is not a tourist area so if you were hoping to be close to parks this is not the place.
The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful when I needed some help. Would I stay again? Probably not because the stay was dictated by the event we were attending. Nothing bad to say about this place and it was priced well.

Room Tip: As noted by other travelers-back side or side not front across from the Bicycle Casino
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lowe42fan
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bell Gardens a couple of weeks ago and wanted to post a review. The check in process was fairly quick, slight problem with the employee at the front desk as the reservation online shared a extra bed and the front desk employee shared that was an error; I demanded the extra bed due the amount of people in my party, the employee obliged. When I inquired about extra pillows, the employee shared there were no extra pillows and suggested I return the next day. The rooms are really large, we had two king beds + a twin roll-away bed, room was clean, bedding was clean; room had a refrigerator and ample lighting. Flat-screen TV mounted to the Wall; The bathroom had a granite counter top and nice floor, however the tub was in horrific condition, it baffled me to see the tub with broken edges and scratched, I was perplexed why the tub wasn't re-glazed or replaced? The carpet in the hallways and on the main floors was in horrific condition, it should be replaced immediately. The breakfast was ample with toast, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, eggs, visitors could make their own waffles; overall great experience and I would stay there again. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Friendly and helpful clerk at check in. Directly across from casino, well lit. But it is not the ritz... Lol. Definitely a motel. Bed sheets were clean, washroom was clean. But definitely dated. Think hostel quality.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Digicision
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed there with my husband and baby on vacation. When first checked in I asked for a crib and they said they would bring it up to our room. At first glanced room was clean. When we went to our room at night there was no crib and when I called down to the lobby they said I could go down and get it myself! Isn't that their job? There was never enough parking spaces because of the restaurant next door. One time when we parked the valet guy came and told us we had to move because that was the restaurants spots, went inside to talk to the lobby guy and he said no it was the hotels and that he would go talk to them. He never did so my husband had to go tell them himself. They were very rude! They also have bed bugs and all of us came home with bites everywhere!! :( very disappointed! We thought we were paying more for a better hotel but boy were we wrong!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Travelodge Inn & Suites Bell Los Angeles Area
Americas Best Value Inn South Gate
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens? Share your experiences!