“Good for families”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Good for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I was here for a one night stay. It was my first trip to the west coast. My flight came in late so I checked in past midnight. Fortunately the front desk sold some microwave meals which was a big help. i think this is a great place for families. The room was huge - actually had two bedrooms with a full kitchen. The breakfast is included with the room.
I did have one minor complaint but the reader should exercise their own judgement here. I left my phone charger in the room when I checked out. I realized around 7pm and drove back in the hopes of getting it but the front desk could not locate. After I flew back to the east coast I called the hotel again and they found it. They told me I would be responsible for the mailing charges. Obviously I agreed but felt that since I did attempt to pick it up, the hotel would have absorbed the charge. Just a thought. it was my fault after all and I dont hold it against the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are ever in need of accommodations again in the area. I would be more than happy to help you and make up for the cost of the shipping on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Nor Cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

This hotel was not our first choice while visiting San Francisco but with the Women’s Nike Marathon, the 49ers, and The Giants all taking place on the same weekend hotel prices were through the roof. I choose this hotel because of the convenience to hwy 101 and the fact that not only was it a full suite with a kitchen but the hotel also provided free parking and continental breakfast. The room was clean; the layout of the suite was perfect. This hotel is 20 to 30 minutes south of San Francisco on a good traffic day. You will not find restaurants within walking distance but there is a ton of shopping and eating just over the freeway in San Mateo. This hotel is 3 levels and does not provide an elevator. If you have trouble with stairs you should look elsewhere or call the hotel directly and request a bottom level room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed there 2 nights. It was excellent, we were satisfied with everything. Rooms were clean, kitchen was excellent, all you need was there. Very comfortable bed, good breakfast, good laundry, we will go there again in our next trip. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for your kind response. We know it takes time out of your day to write these responses and we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to having you return in the future and please call me if there is anything I can do for you.
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I usually stay at the Sofitel since it's within walking distance of where I work, but it was booked up. booked the Hyatt insead, and ended up with a two bedroom suite. The place is clean, the service is great, the shuttle got me to and from work daily, and the breakfast is hearty. They had eggs, sausage, ham, potatoes, cereals, breads, juices, milk, coffee, fruit, etc. This is a good place if you don't want to have to worry about breakfast and need a suite type of accommodation. There are some complaints about noise since it's next to the freeway. I think, my room was as close as you could get and I heard no traffic from within the room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your home away from home while here on business. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the services and we look forward to having you back soon. Please feel free to call me directly if you need any assistance with booking a future reservation. Have a wonderful day!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed here at the end of August 2012. We are a family of 4 with pre-teens. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had a 2 bedroom hotel room. It was so convenient with a full kitchen and living room. The furnishings were modern and the hotel room was very clean. Our children enjoyed the heated pool. We enjoyed taking advantage of the free breakfast everyday. The hotel is located in a quiet area but close to the freeway. The price was very attractive compared to the prices of hotels in the city itself. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Thank you for choosing the HYATThouse Belmont and for taking the time to write your nice review. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and we look forward to having you and your family return for another stay. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in booking your future reservation.
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I have stayed in this property multiple times in last few years. They have one bedroom and two bedroom suites with a living room and a fully equipped kitchenette. The kitchenette is very useful because I stay for many days. The rooms are cleaned well regularly. The beds are very comfortable. There is a LCD TV in all the rooms (including the living room). All the rooms have high speed WI-FI as well as wired internet connectivity. They also provide an iron and stand in every room. The toiletry is too good.
The breakfast buffet is good and the dining area is spacious. They have other facilities like a swimming pool with jaccuzzi, basketball court, a computer room, a launderette, a small gym, computer room, etc. The launderette is quite useful for long stay. The swimming pool is not useful most of the time because the water is cold. However, they always have towels available.
The front-desk is friendly.
There is a shuttle cab service every 15 minutes to nearby places from 8am to 5pm.

There are some problems too. All the buildings in this property have 2 floors and climbing up on the higher floor is a pain if you have luggage. Prefer to get a room on the bottom floor.

Room Tip: 1) Prefer a room on the bottom floor. 2) If you have a car, prefer an outside facing room, else an...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you very much for the nice review. We try hard to satisfy every guest and we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and service. Please let me know if I can ever be of assitance in the future. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed here while on an official visit.. which was a few years ago 2009 to be more precise. The place is good, the staff is quite courteous, the breakfast and the evening dinner/refreshments are great too. This worked out to be quite a money saver for me :). Most important.......the apartments are the same as shown in the pictures. Yes, it is a little gem as some reviewer mentioned. Had a problem with the microwave, which was replaced within a short time of notice. Would definitely recommend and would prefer to stay here of I happen to travel to Belmont.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for choosing the HYATThouse in Belmont. We know you have many hotel options in the area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and please don't hesitate to call me if you ever need anything.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont
BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn

Been to HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!