“A True Home - Away from Home”

HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Hyaat House situated at Belmont/Redwood shores is a True home away from Home.
Its vast and only two story structure by looking a nice Lake surrounding by trees and Oracle Head Quarters.

Its walkable from from 101 Highway and 2 miles from Belmont Caltrain station.

The Hotel is nicely maintained and provide suite facility with Spacious Study cum kitchen and nice bedroom and storeroom.

All rooms are equipped with modern kitchenware, Induction Oven and Fridge.

There is Room service available but for limited hours.

The central Dining hall servers breakfast and Snacks with Ale at evening for its guests.

The place lacks a good Restaurant but you can always drive to Belmont for nice Italian Restaurant .

Its preferred for people visiting Oracle HQ and Nikon which is very nearby.

Room Tip: Choose rooms starting with 22XX which have good Lake view and gets lots of sunlight. 1st Floor is...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
TaylorNintzel, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear 4Pits,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and provide feedback about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home," and that you enjoyed our suites and location. Our proximity is very convenient to both business and leisure destinations, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of both! It looks like you are a very seasoned traveler, we would love to have you back if your travel plans bring you to the Bay Area again.

-Taylor Nintzel (GM)

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores

Reviewed 25 May 2013

On the tail end of the long saga of our home mishap, we chose Hyatt House mainly because now I was with the whole family and we needed space, and having a kitchen is always nice. I ended up saying "I should have stayed here!!" so much my kids and husband had to tell me shut up already.

I loved that it was a two bedroom/two bathroom suite, with the kids each in a big full bed and also having their own bathroom! In our room, we actually had a walk in closet, which was luxurious for a hotel. The beds were really comfy which made up for the bathrooms, specifically the toilets, looking a little bit old, not a big deal. In terms of amenities, they offered toothpaste instead of lotion, but they had lotion if you asked at the front desk, since everyone probably packs toothpaste but not lotion, unless of course dry skin is not an issue.

There was lots of work space in the living room with both a dining table (though minus 1/4 point for not having enough dining chairs, there were only 2) and a desk (a third chair there), as well as a couch and another sitting chair to the side (too heavy to drag to the dining table to make the four chairs we needed).

Everyone at the front desk was always super friendly whenever we needed anything, even when we didn't need anything, just walking by, they always had a greeting. The gym was very nice sized with 2 ellipticals, a stationary bicycle and several treadmills as well as free weights. There's a pool and basketball court and nice trails immediately adjacent to the property. Breakfast was great, rotating hot foods as well as the usual cold foods (cereals, breads, muffins), but what was really wonderful was the evening social, with beer on tap, wine and a variety of light foods, with a different theme each night, like chicken wings, potato bar, pizza bar, thai lettuce wraps, and a constant salad bar, perfect for a light dinner. I got dried cranberries and cinnamon almonds from Trader Joe's, sliced an apple (available as part of the evening social foods!) and had a really delicious salad every night! (Except the weekend when you have to find your own social gathering)

There is a shuttle too that will take you within 5 miles of the property. We did not use this, though we considered having them drop the kids off at school! For those without a car, you can use this shuttle to go to Trader Joe's in San Carlos to grab some groceries to keep in the handy kitchen. If you do have a car, this location is fantastic, right off the 101.

I loved this place and if we ever get kicked out of our house again (hopefully not anytime soon!!), I am definitely having our family stay here again!! I should have stayed here last year :)

Room Tip: We had a convenient ground floor room, if stairs are an issue since no elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maggipie
TaylorNintzel, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Maggipie,

Wow! What a wonderful summary of your stay with us! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We wish you the best of luck as you settle into your new home, but certainly hope you will be able to return and stay with us again soon.

Taylor Nintzel (GM)

Reviewed 21 May 2013

These are very nice rooms - large suites actually with separate bedrooms and living areas. The beds are comfortable and the kitchens well appointed. There are 2 nice large screen TVs. Location near 101 is very convenient for anything on the Peninsula.
I had two issues though - first, the construction has very thin walls and floors. You will hear the person in the room next door snoring. If anyone has a conversation outside your door you'll hear every word. Arguments in the room below yours at 4am will wake you up. If an empty room above yours has a fire detector with a low battery beep, it will keep you up all night. Light sleepers (like myself) should bring earplugs.
Secondly, my shower drain was very slow - it took about 15 minutes to drain after a shower. I'm not crazy about standing in my dirty shower water, but had to here. This is obviously room related and I got unlucky.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms on the end of a building are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear xtrmtrk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am so glad you were able to point out the large size of our suites and the plus of having two large HD televisions in the one-bedroom suite. Our proximity to the 101 definitely makes the location perfect for anything in the Peninsula, but also gives you easy access to San Francisco and San Jose. I was sorry to hear about your noise concerns as our goal is to make sure every stay is comfortable and quiet. Thank you for reporting the shower drain; our maintenance was able to repair that today!

We appreciate you staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

-Taylor Nintzel (GM)

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here for a 3rd time and place is continuing to improve. Used to be Summerfield Suites and under Hyatt has gotten better. Large rooms with plenty of amenities. Right next to Oracle, so expect to see a lot of computer programmer types staying there. We use it as a base to go to SF and the wine country and works out fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank frugalguy
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I am glad to hear that your stays have been pleasant as we strive to deliver the best product possible. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were here for 3 nights and loved it. Our family (5 of us) stayed in room 1431 - a 2 bedroom suite. The hotel is in a great location - close to SF but not in a super busy area. The room was huge and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Our kids loved the basketball court and taking walks around the lake next to the property. The breakfast was delicious - a large variety of options, as well as the dinner offerings. We will stay there again. Book here without reservation - you will love it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BcAtHome

Thank you for the kind words and I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to the next opportunity to host your family again!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband, 15 year old daughter, and I stayed here last month. I booked our room online throught the Hyatt.com website, using our Gold Passport points. This is our 3rd time staying at this property. We stay here to be closer to SF prior to Giants games and activities. When I booked the room, the only choice I had was a 1 bedroom suite. When we checked in, I asked if I could pay to upgrade to a 2 bedroom so our daughter wouldn't have to sleep on a pullout sofa. The clerk said he would switch us to a 2 bedroom at no charge. This made our stay much more comfortable. The suites are great! We had 2 bedrooms and bathrooms plus a full kitchen. The beds were very comfortable. We love this property and will continue to stay here when we go to Giants games. It's about a 20-30 minute drive up to AT&T park. Much cheaper and quieter than staying in SF. Love this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LRakit
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

I am very happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and your family! We try hard to accommodate all requests whenever possible. I look forward to having you and your family back during the baseball season. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The staff at this hotel could not be friendlier or more helpful. The fact that the rooms are in blocks and not connected to the hotel made me feel a bit like I was staying in an inner London housing estate. It's also a little out of the way, so you need a car or be prepared to take taxis.
The breakfast is good, the rooms are quiet and spacious and the standard is reasonably good.
There are no lifts so if you have an upstairs room, travel light.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding the staff as we try hard to provide great customer service. Your additional feedback is also appreciated and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo

Been to HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!