“Bang for the BUCK!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
Los Angeles, California
“Bang for the BUCK!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Free breakfast? Free parking? Free internet? Yes please! This is a great place for family and friends to stay together. If you're planning to pay for 2 rooms, book this place instead and get a living room and kitchen with it!

Room Tip: Try to book early for better rates.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Richard S
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
At the HYATT House Belmont we always strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests.
I hope you had a chance to try our Omelet station as well.
Hope you will give us the pleasure of serving you in the future.
Regards.
hazem.shunnaq@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Burlingame, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I normally don't believe in leaving bad reviews for businesses but this hotel deserves it. I was renting their meeting for the last 2 years. I normally send out my schedule to the DMV for the year. Which is very time consuming. I also pay the DMV to license me for a location which is the Hyatt House. I spent $1000 advertising for that area, to build up that area to draw customers. Well, this year, 3 months later, after they changed management once again, they raised my rates by 40% ($100) more. When I called to negotiate, the sales rep I talked to (which I won't name names), she was very "curt" with me and defensive. When I explained to her that I couldn't afford the new rate and why didn't let me know in the beginning of the year. She couldn't explain why. I told her, I would be losing alot of money and I would have to spend more money all over again looking for a new meeting room. She said, she would call me back after she looks into it, 2 days later she calls me and tells me she's sorry, that's the new rate for the room. So I told her, Well I can't do business there.

This hotel has a LARGE turnover rate for management, front desk employees and sales reps. I was constantly dealing with new people. The sales rep. I dealt with when I first started doing business there was willing work something out with me. She was great and they lost her. She left the company. So something is not right.

This has been a HUGE inconvenience to me as now I have to start all over again and spend more money again to hold my classes elsewhere.

I will say the front desk people were great to deal with, but it seemed every time I went there there was always someone new. But either way, they were courteous and friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rocky1232014
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Please allow me first to thank you for taking the time to fill this review.
At the Hyatt House Belmont we always strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests and clients and I want to apologize about any inconvenience this incident may have caused.

please feel free to contact me in person to discus this more in details.
tel: 6505918600
hazem.shunnaq@hyatt.com
Idaho
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is convieniatly located just off the 101 with easy access to the city of Belmont. We were in town for a college vistit to NDNU and it was perfect for our family. The two bedroom suite is just what we needed. We had 3 teenagers with us and everyone had a bed. The breakfast that is included was good and made mornings easy for us. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room facing the pool which I believe cut down on freeway noise if there was any.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
hank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your review.

Tennessee
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice spacious studios with fully function kitchen but only stayed 1 night.

Pros:
Nice studio fully equipment and good for longer stays
Good value for the area

Cons:
I had to change the room right after arrival due to extreme curry smell. The hotel staff gave a new room immediately and we both took it with humor.
I love Indian food, but not the smell in my room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your review.

Sartell, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

5 adults stayed in a two room suite (2 double beds in one room, king in another, pull out in the living area). The front desk staff accommodated a last minute change. Clean and comfortable space and beds.
Hotel staff were exceptional - from the front desk to the breakfast attendants! Breakfast was one of the best free spreads I've seen in a long time.
Lodging is about 10 minutes south of SFO. Free parking and WIFI. I would recommend this Hyatt without reservation.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ejfrey11
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your review.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I really enjoyed my brief stay at the Hyatt House. Suite was clean, modern, and well-furnished. Breakfast was great! The "evening social" was a little dissapointing, just cans of Budweiser and some cheap wine to drink. Overall I had a great time at this property and I can guarantee you will too!

I must commend the staff for their excellent attitudes, and fantasic recommendations for places to see and eat in and around San Francisco. Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dirty_A_1123
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
At the HYATT house we always strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you will give us the pleasure of serving you soon and try our new HBAR restaurant that we have just opened.
Thank you.
HYATT House Belmont
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

There are a lot of little things to not like about this hotel and at least one really big reason to COME STAY HERE. When we stayed December 2013 and January 2014, the lobby was under renovation (website said would be finished before we arrived). There was no lobby bathroom to use and we had to borrow the manager's hotel room bathroom (awkward but I was grateful). We found 3-small ants in our first room. The walls were thin enough we could hear snoring on one side and SpongeBob on the other. The parking lot has few entrances and is difficult to maneuver around in a larger car. Pool is "heated" but is still chilly, even for determined kids and there is no hot tub. Breakfast room was crowded. Coffee is deeply and truly awful; thin and bitter. Food was copious and diverse but much of it uninspiring (i.e. eggs and pastries). The sheets are snuggly but the beds are uncomfortably hard and blankets few. Fans in the bathroom are loud enough to wake the dead and light switches are like playing Simon. One of the air-conditioning units in the courtyard appears to be preparing to launch into space. Small details, such as cheap plastic, scratched interior doors and the exterior door that had to be body slammed to open added up to a feeling of not-quite-awesome. HOWEVER ALL front desk staff at this hotel are phenomenal (ALL!). They were willing to go the extra mile; helpful without being artificial. Sincerely apologetic for inconveniences; they offered every possible option when we asked about the ants; deep cleaning, spraying, moving us ... whatever they could do. Having a kitchen is a nice convenience and the suites are real suites (not a bed with a couch next to it), the location is very convenient, the bacon was thick and savory, and the desk staff are such funny, friendly and helpful people I WOULD stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevators, thin walls; so try to get on a top floor corner if you sleep lightly or on a bottom fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont

Been to HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!