“Him away from Home, but better”

HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
Kingston, NY
“Him away from Home, but better”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here for almost a month last February. This is a residential hotel. it's meant to be a substitute home and we found it very comfortable. The rooms are very well equipped and decorated, with a full kitchen. I did almost all our cooking while there. Many supermarkets and places to shop within a 5-mile radius. Housekeeping was very nice, even when they had to work around us! The pool is wonderful and partner enjoyed free breakfasts everyday and snacks -Th. well-located to main roads. Hotel is in a small, pretty office park with lots of trees, flowers, small lake etc. we'll be coming back!

Room Tip: If you want a good deal of light, choose 2nd or 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EatWithAnnie
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
At the HYATT House Belmont we always strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests.
I hope you had a chance to try our Omelet station as well.
Hope you will give us the pleasure of serving you in the future.
Regards.
hazem.shunnaq@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Free breakfast? Free parking? Free internet? Yes please! This is a great place for family and friends to stay together. If you're planning to pay for 2 rooms, book this place instead and get a living room and kitchen with it!

Room Tip: Try to book early for better rates.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Richard S
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I hope you had a chance to try our Omelet station as well.
Hope you will give us the pleasure of serving you in the future.
Regards.
Burlingame, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I normally don't believe in leaving bad reviews for businesses but this hotel deserves it. I was renting their meeting for the last 2 years. I normally send out my schedule to the DMV for the year. Which is very time consuming. I also pay the DMV to license me for a location which is the Hyatt House. I spent $1000 advertising for that area, to build up that area to draw customers. Well, this year, 3 months later, after they changed management once again, they raised my rates by 40% ($100) more. When I called to negotiate, the sales rep I talked to (which I won't name names), she was very "curt" with me and defensive. When I explained to her that I couldn't afford the new rate and why didn't let me know in the beginning of the year. She couldn't explain why. I told her, I would be losing alot of money and I would have to spend more money all over again looking for a new meeting room. She said, she would call me back after she looks into it, 2 days later she calls me and tells me she's sorry, that's the new rate for the room. So I told her, Well I can't do business there.

This hotel has a LARGE turnover rate for management, front desk employees and sales reps. I was constantly dealing with new people. The sales rep. I dealt with when I first started doing business there was willing work something out with me. She was great and they lost her. She left the company. So something is not right.

This has been a HUGE inconvenience to me as now I have to start all over again and spend more money again to hold my classes elsewhere.

I will say the front desk people were great to deal with, but it seemed every time I went there there was always someone new. But either way, they were courteous and friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rocky1232014
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Please allow me first to thank you for taking the time to fill this review.
At the Hyatt House Belmont we always strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests and clients and I want to apologize about any inconvenience this incident may have caused.

please feel free to contact me in person to discus this more in details.
tel: 6505918600
Idaho
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is convieniatly located just off the 101 with easy access to the city of Belmont. We were in town for a college vistit to NDNU and it was perfect for our family. The two bedroom suite is just what we needed. We had 3 teenagers with us and everyone had a bed. The breakfast that is included was good and made mornings easy for us. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room facing the pool which I believe cut down on freeway noise if there was any.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
hank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your review.

Tennessee
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice spacious studios with fully function kitchen but only stayed 1 night.

Pros:
Nice studio fully equipment and good for longer stays
Good value for the area

Cons:
I had to change the room right after arrival due to extreme curry smell. The hotel staff gave a new room immediately and we both took it with humor.
I love Indian food, but not the smell in my room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your review.

Sartell, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

5 adults stayed in a two room suite (2 double beds in one room, king in another, pull out in the living area). The front desk staff accommodated a last minute change. Clean and comfortable space and beds.
Hotel staff were exceptional - from the front desk to the breakfast attendants! Breakfast was one of the best free spreads I've seen in a long time.
Lodging is about 10 minutes south of SFO. Free parking and WIFI. I would recommend this Hyatt without reservation.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ejfrey11
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your review.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I really enjoyed my brief stay at the Hyatt House. Suite was clean, modern, and well-furnished. Breakfast was great! The "evening social" was a little dissapointing, just cans of Budweiser and some cheap wine to drink. Overall I had a great time at this property and I can guarantee you will too!

I must commend the staff for their excellent attitudes, and fantasic recommendations for places to see and eat in and around San Francisco. Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dirty_A_1123
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
At the HYATT house we always strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you will give us the pleasure of serving you soon and try our new HBAR restaurant that we have just opened.
Thank you.
HYATT House Belmont
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport

Been to HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!