“Stay somewhere else!”

Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Service, poor. Bedding stained, holes, when replaced still had holes. Toilet seat melted, hole in door, insufficient dinnerware and utensils, extremely loud neighbors, put on a smoking floor when non smoking requested, housekeeping terrible. Would not stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank regulartraveler2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room and that we were unable to provide you with the room type requested at booking. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and am coaching our entire staff on different ways we can ensure our guests requests are fulfilled moving forward.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at bel@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hello all,

I am staying in extended stay belmont from last 2 months. Their service is good. Front office staff are very friendly and helpful. They greet us and talk to us very nicely every time we meet. I am fully impressed with one of the front office staff Naaz. She is so caring and guides us for whatever tourist destinations / picnic spots we want to go.

Morning grab and go breakfast is perfect start for the day with muffin, oats, granola bars, even fruits.

Laundry also good. Most of the times you dont have to wait in a queue to finish your laundry.

Housekeeping is ok. This might be one of the point where i would like to see the change. House keeping cleaning is not up to mark. But if you tell the front office staff about your problem with the house keeping, they'll make sure housekeeping people correct their mistake immediate next day :) This was really nice.

Had problems with wi-fi 3-4 times in couple of months, which is acceptable!!

Kitchen provided is good. Would love to see few more utensils that would help me in cooking.

In short, it is a good hotel to stay

Room Tip: I stayed in 4th floor. Had good sunlight even at 7 PM.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shilpa D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our front desk staff, especially Naz; however, we apologize that the Wi-Fi and housekeeping was not up to par. I met with the staff, and we will address to ensure that all housekeepers are aware and that this is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bel@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I'll start with the good things about this hotel:
1. Plenty of (free) parking.
2. Wifi quality is good, I never any dropped signal.
3. Bed is firm, not too hard, not to soft.
4. Convenient location - It's right off the 101 FWY within walking distance to the Oracle
building(s).
5. Lobby is clean and front desk staff were friendly.
6. Reasonably priced*.

Now the not so good parts:
As soon as I walked in to the room, I got a whiff of slightly nauseating smell. I thought it was the bed cover, so I folded it and put it as far as possible. I could still smell it but opening the window and turning on the AC helped a bit. I didn't bother asking for new room because it was late and I was too tired. I was hoping to get a good night sleep.The bed was comfortable for my back, but some of the pillow cases could use more washing.

During my stay, I also noticed that there are several people having questions about their bills whenever I passed by the front lobby (at least on 3 different occassions). It made me think there was pricing ambiguity. I didn't book my travel, so I couldn't confirm if it applied to my case.

I couldn't care less about the breakfast on the go selection, although the coffee was pretty decent.

Room Tip: pick a room facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our free WiFi and parking as well as comfortable bedding, convenient location and overall great value. Still, I am very disappointed that your comforter had a slight odor. The housekeeping staff is working to improve their washing procedures to ensure this does not happen again.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at bel@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay here at the Belmont Extended Stay Hotel.The staff was very courteous, the rooms were very clean-with practically new furnishings, the internet service was fast, and I loved the fact that it was conveniently located right off the highway and within several grocery stores and markets. I have already booked my next stay there.

Room Tip: Call and reserve in advance as this hotel books up fast.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris H

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear that our staff was so courteous to you during your visit at our hotel. As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed your updated room, the free WiFi we offer and our convenient location.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Check in was fast, our two rooms were very clean and very comfortable. It's so nice to have a full fridge, stove, microwave, sink, etc in the room. That really opens up your options so that you can either eat out, or eat in and save some money. I give the facility and the staff 5 out of 5.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve G

Steve - It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your two clean, comfortable rooms during your stay with us. As well, I truly appreciate your comments regarding the check-in process and our amazing staff.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I travel to Redwood Shores on business regularly and this hotel is my home away from home. Friendly front-desk staff, clean room with a full kitchenette, quiet neighbors, safe neighborhood close to highway and shopping, complimentary muffins/fruit/coffee in the morning. All this at a great price. Highly recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce G

Bruce - The team and I appreciate your gracious, fabulous remarks. I'm glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We truly appreciated having you stay with us!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Due to a late flight, I didn't arrive at the Hotel until around 3 AM and the after-hours check in was super fast and the attendant very courteous. Easy & free parking, the room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable and allowed me to get in some quality winks before I had to get up and head out. Check-out was a breeze and I was on my way to Palo Alto. For those needing a quick stay hotel after a long haul fight, can't beat the location and quality service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark B

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments and am glad that our staff took such great care of you! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont? Share your experiences!