Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Belmont(Belmont)
View Hotel
All reviewslong staygranola barsbusiness tripworking deskrooms are basicroom cleaningspecial thanksfoster cityredwood citychoose this hotelfree wifihome away from homeexcellent hotelice machineplace to stayfront desk staffconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a great stay here. I was surprised by the free breakfast as it was never mentioned in the hotel description or amenities. We got a great Studio with a big kitchen. They had all the cookware required.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RanjanDutta
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I travel to the area several times a year for work. This hotel was recommended by my company and I stayed here over several years. It wasn't great, but it was OK and close the office, and the price was reasonable.
However, they recently "upgraded" the artwork and some furniture and now charge quite a bit more.
Because there are kitchen facilities in each unit, a high number of people stay for a job they're on. It's almost impossible to get a room that doesn't smell in some way. I think this is due to cooking smells that are impossible to eliminate. I started taking my own potpourri to try to cover up the smells.
On my last stay, I ended up in a room where the next-door neighbors had a Friday night cooking "party". I had a 6AM flight and by the quiet hour of 10:30, they had not quieted down, even after I knocked and asked them to please be quiet. (there were 8 guys in there, happily cooking and joking around) The front desk was nice enough to let me move to another room, but it was a hassle since I had to get up in 5 hours anyways.
I think this is a great place for anyone who needs long-term lodging and needs a full kitchen. If you need it quiet to sleep, or are sensitive to smells, don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was going to stay in bay area and pricelined this hotel . I asked for a hotel with a breakfast because I would not have a lot of time in the morning . I had to get a higher price place to get a breakfast . Well once i got up and went to get something to eat I found out it was only cold packaged rolls and they were going quickly . Nothing hot at all . I had to go out and get food for my kids and I . I just feel I could have purchased a less expensive place that came without breakfast based on what they said they offered . I told my kids that it was a continental breakfast they said "what continent Africa" . I said it sure wasn't north America.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that the Grab N Go breakfast was not what you had expected. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at Bel@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This extended stay has really comfortable bed and a variety of pillows so it makes your sleep really comfortable. The staff was very nice. The room had a maintenance issue and it was fixed in 48 hours (I had to let the staff know twice, but then it was done). The bedspread had a coffee stain on it when I checked in, which grossed me out, but they changed it out when the maid service came in. Overall the room was clean, the kitchen was nice to use and we were very comfortable for $119/a night.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the south side that was quiet. Third floor is completely non smoking which was awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank recdmavn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so glad that our staff was helpful to you during your stay and were able to fix an item in your room as well as replace a blanket. I am sorry for this issue, but am happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable room overall.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Friendly and excellent services. Room was clean. The grab and go breakfast items were handy. We arrived late and all rooms were taken. The staff took an extra effort to get us a quality roll away bed for an unplanned guest without additional charge. Staff were busy but never forgot to smile and offer their best help. They served with pride and enthusiastic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeingH
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for posting such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your clean room and the grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am so glad that our staff took such great care of you, even offering a roll away bed at no additional charge.