“A Winner for Dinner!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I hosted a birthday party for my BFF's 40th birthday. It was an all-girl dinner party of 11 people. Their portions are huge which made for lots of food for everyone. They could have been a little more attentive but they were super busy and we were all having a great time that we didn't notice too much. I highly recommend Shalizaar ... one of my all time favorites.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The fresh made hot bread and herb are my favorite. The stews taste home made. Shalizar is by far the most decent Persian restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's not often you can experience excellent Persian food, service and Atmosphere like at the Shalizaar. For several of us it was our first experience there and I must say it was outstanding! The appetizers we freshly made and generous portions. Very nice Wine selections and reasonable. I will definitely go back when in the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

First rate Persian restaurant with lovely atmosphere and great service. We went as a family with a friend and had various kebabs -- chicken, ground beef (koubideh) and salman. All were very good, and the portions are generous. One friend has health issues and needed her food prepared a particular way and the restaurant was most accommodating. The bread with feta, mint and walnuts that they serve as an appetizer is also great. All in all, if you are in the Palo Alto/Menlo Park/Redwood City area and are in the mood for good Persian food, Shalizar is the place to go.

1  Thank tmmahony
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Had dinner here with a diverse group from work. We had several appetizers for the table. Enjoyed the crispy rice with chick peas. Did not enjoy the pureed eggplant but I don't like eggplant. The Naan bread was very good and they brought feta cheese, walnuts, and greens to put on top of it . They also brought some cream cheese like spread that was very flavorful.

For my entree, I ordered the filet kabob. It was delicious. Very tender - could cut with a fork. Also came with a pile of rice which was very yummy.

Had no room for dessert.

Service was great. Would definitely go there again.

Been to Shalizaar Restaurant? Share your experiences!