Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
Hotels.comUS$113
HIExpress.comUS$113
FindHotelUS$113
eDreamsUS$113
All reviews hi express half moon bay rooms were very clean yogurt third floor short drive baymont sfo california
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2019

The ENTIRE first floor is demolished and the hotel is covered in dust. Staff would not accommodate a last minute cancelation and laughed at me when I brought up concerns over noise and the current condition of the property. NEVER AGAIN!

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Inspire503238
DharmeshT33, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belmont, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2019

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience that was caused due to our property under renovation. We thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the competence of our front desk team. Please email us with your phone number or email address so I can discuss your issues personally.

Dharmesh Tandel

Reviewed 5 December 2018

I recently booked this hotel for 3 nights on Booking.com and arrived to discover the hotel is under renovation - noisy banging and construction activity, dusty, parking lot half filled with mattresses. The front desk clerk said the noise carried on every day from 9-6 pm. (There was no notice of this on Booking.com). The hotel offered one of the "less noisy" rooms, but I need to work quietly in my room for part of the day, so I requested a refund so I could go elsewhere. The manager refused - he was extremely rude and unpleasant - and told me to call Booking.com. When I phoned Booking.com, it said that cancellation was the discretion of the hotel. I asked again, and the manager (Mr. Dharmesh Tandel) asked me to come into his little back office to "discuss" privately. Pretty creepy. There he suggested we could "compromise" and he would refund half the amount. I explained that I needed a full refund so I go could elsewhere. He refused. I then proposed staying 1 night (it was nearly 6pm by this point) and he refused, saying that unless I stayed for 3 nights, he would cancel my whole reservation immediately. After I contacted Holiday Inn customer service to complain, he finally agreed to the refund. I am shocked that such behavior is tolerated at a Holiday Inn.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Linda h
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belmont, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2018

Hi Linda h,

I appreciate you choosing us for your journey. We understand the importance of providing convenience and comfort to our guests, and your feedback is very important to us.

We always strive to make sure that every guest has an amazing stay at our hotel, I'm sorry you were thrown off balance by the renovation. I understand how things were disagreeable because of the remodeling process. We are committed to creating Great Hotels, Guest Love and I would like to forward your comments to the upper management for review. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback.I look forward to your response.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Belmont Holiday Inn Express in July. Check in was easy with accomodating staff. The room was clean and well kept. The breakfast was very good for a hotel breakfast and the lady running it very nice. I recommend this hotel when in Belmont.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Had a king suite facing El Camino Real. I was on the third floor and had almost NO road noise. At night, that is a pretty sleepy stretch of what is normally a busy road during the day. In fact, I think it is better to face the road than to face the apartment buildings on the other side of the hotel with all the lights at night. The rooms are super clean, and there is sufficient hot water and shower pressure - pet peeves of mine. The AC/heater worked great, and was quiet, and the bedding was very comfortable. The wifi was free and fast, and allowed me to get work done. The room also had DirectTV so there were hundreds of channels to choose from. Yes, it's expensive at $300+ a night, but that is to be expected given the overheated Bay Area economy. Pro tip: Blue Sky Cafe across the street has great Chinese fare at very good prices - a nice find. There is also a CVS pharmacy across the street for any travel needs.Nice people throughout the facility. Only comment for improvement would be to rip out ALL the old carpet in the hallways and update the look. A nice place, and I would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Pb650
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Our first time staying at this Holiday Inn Express. We come to the bay area often and have stayed in nearly all the IHG hotels in SF and near the airport. We picked the Belmont this time as labor day weekend we knew there wouldn't be any traffic in the area and the price was right.

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed. Nothing fancy, but everything as it should be. Checkin was easy and friendly. there is plenty of parking in the lot next to the hotel and in the garage under the hotel. Plus, no charge for parking like there is at many of the other hotels nearer SF.

The area is very safe right along El Camino Real and you can walk down the street to Safeway, Peet's coffee, Starbucks etc all just a few blocks to the north.

The room itself is normal. It is nice there is a refrig and microwave. The room and hotel in general are a bit dark with darker carpet and furniture. The bed is very comfortable. .

As a Platinum Elite member, I did receive my 500 pt welcome and also bottled water in the room. However, there was no room upgrade. My room was fine and matched my preferences (high floor), but the same type of room I had reserved (standard king). I do think the hotel was fairly full so the upgraded king suites might not have been available. I didn't ask.

The front desk staff and breakfast staff were super friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast was standard for HIE - eggs, sausage, pancakes, - all good and hot. I truly appreciate the use of paper plates (rather than plastic).

We'll be back again likely over Thanksgiving. Great choice when in the area and I recommend over other IHG properties nearer SFO who charge for parking. The service/staff here puts them over the top!

Room tip: High floor (only 3 levels), and facing away from El Camino to avoid any train noise.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Joel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belmont, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Please feel free to give me a call directly and we will see what we can do about getting you an upgrade on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Joel K.