“Hotel from Hell!”

Silicon Valley Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
“Hotel from Hell!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I are staying here with our two daughters ages 2 months and a year and a half for a week as my husband has work close by. Yesterday, after returning from a quick trip to Target while my husband was at work I wa surprised to see the door to our room with all of our belongings wide open. I unloaded the kids and went inside assuming it was house keeping, but the room was already clean so I waited a minute while I unloaded my purchases after about five minutes from the time I pulled up the manager/owner walked up and informed me that she was having shutters installed inside our room and so I could either leave or stay while they did it (keep in mind we were never notified a third, unsupervised party would be entering our room while we were gone or at all during our stay) I then told her I had just gotten back from being gone and I needed to change and feed my infant so I was going to stay. At this point our door had already been open for I don't know how long before I got there and I was not okay with random people in our room with our laptop and other valuables. I went in and shut the door. She came back by a couple minutes later and told me my door needed to remain open so when the workers were done with the room next door they could just come in to ours and start working. So I sat for about an hour trying to keep my toddler from running out the open door while breastfeeding my infant when in walk two workers who without saying two words to me the whole time start moving my belongings and drilling and hammering insanely loudly. Both kids started immediately screaming, my toddler was shaking and absolutely terrified. They didn't stop or even look over so i called the front desk who sent the same woman back. I told her this was unacceptable my kids were scared and she needed to tell them to stop and finish rennovating our already paid for room until we checked out. She refused telling me the workers were from LA and charging her $300 an hour. I sat there arguing with her begging her to make them halt the drilling as my kids screamed and they continued. As I was again explaining to her she left our room vulnerable to theft and if you are going to be doing rennovations to that extent you either don't sell the room or notify the purchaser at the time of booking, she opened our cabinet and started peeking in. I asked her what she was doing besides invading our privacy and she claimed she was checking to see if the room had a fridge. She sat in the room while my kids remained upset until the people finished the job then before she left tried to tell me I wasn't even supposed to be there because we "only paid for one person" even though she couldn't produce anything saying the rooms were 'single occupancy' only (which is unheard of anyways). Later that evening when my husband got off of work he phoned the front desk and told the same woman he did not want anyone else in our room until we checked out period and that we would leave our trash outside the door for housekeeping and they could knock and we would hand them our dirty towels. She ended that conversation by saying because it's a newly renovated room she wants it cleaned daily so a maid would be entering regardless of our request. DO NOT STAY HERE this place is a nightmare!

Room Tip: Renovated room was extremely small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kaylene B
HEMLATA P, Manager at Silicon Valley Inn, responded to this review, 11 December 2016
We have now completely renovated since 2015 and under new management--we welcome you to return for a completely redesigned experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for one night before picking up a loved one from the airport the next morning. It was the longest night of our lives! 1) The room had a disgusting smell to it...I had to put perfume under my nose to "stomach it". 2) It had a dirty feel to it and we didn't even want to sit in the chairs because they had several stained areas. 3) There was someone in the room above us who kept us from sleeping well: walking across the room with heavy steps throughout the night and even dropping stuff on the floor, with muffled talking occasionally. We were tempted to leave and find another place to stay, but we stuck it out because we already paid for the room. So glad we had to get to the airport...it was an early flight that got us out of there!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Belmont hotels

Pacific NW
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Here's the run-down on my room:

1) Hadn't been painted in quick some time
2) The carpets were sticky and turned my feet black. I had to wear shoes inside!
3) The air conditioning unit was old and noisy.
4) Nowhere to set toiletries in bathroom. Very sparse with pedestal sink, toilet, and shower stall - that's it!
5) No clock.
6) No checkout time on the door.
7) Outlet and light-switch covers cracked and taped together.
8) Obvious bad patching of holes in walls.
9) Couldn't fully open closet door because the bed nightstand was in the way.
10) Not posted that ice machine area was locked after certain hour.
11) Electrical outlets wouldn't hold my chargers - the chargers would fall out at the slightest bump and kind of hung half-way out of the outlet.
12) Nowhere to set luggage except on the table.
13) Safety latch on door broken (and my door opened out to the parking lot so it was very accessible by ????....).
14) At the entrance to the office the owners had bulletproof glass for a window with a slot to shove the key card through. They kept the office door locked at all times and guests had to ring a doorbell to be let in.
15) Toilet seat not attached to toilet.

RUN, DON'T WALK!! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kweenbee
We have now completely renovated since 2015--we welcome you to return for a completely redesigned experience!
Utrecht
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights and it was terrible. People live here and it shows: it's messy and the building is old. The stairs are falling apart. The room was big but there were stains all over the floor. There was no breakfast although it said so on the site, and the woman at the desk said so as well. Turns out that breakfast is served 'only on Saturday and Sunday'. But we're probably better off this way. Please do yourself a favour and don't visit this motel!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank BrittEw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Los Prados Hotel
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Howard Johnson Express San Mateo

Been to Silicon Valley Inn? Share your experiences!