“This has always been a nice stop over”

Quality Inn & Suites Santa Cruz Mountains
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ben Lomond
reno
“This has always been a nice stop over”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Seldom disappointed when stopping here. Clean rooms friendly service and nice location. The staff have always been very helpful in providing whatever we need. This last trip the ice machine was broken but the staff delivered ice to the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Don’t stay here if you expect your room to be serviced! We stayed two nights. We were out most of the second day and returned to our room late in the evening to find it a complete mess – unmade bed, no new tiles, trash barrels full, etc. We complained and the clerk said there was nothing she could do. We begged and pleaded to get some clean towels. We spoke to two staff asking for a refund and was told the manager would contact us – never happened. Wrote to the parent company – Choice Hotels and got two form letters saying the hotel would contact us – never happened. Emailed the manager – no response. We travel a lot and have NEVER had a hotel fail to service the room in hundreds of stays. We have never seen such complete lack of response to such a critical problem. We are writing this to spare you from these problems. We will never stay there again and I recommend you don’t either, unless you like no service and totally inept staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Blair F

Travellers are raving about these Ben Lomond hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The room was clean, spacious and pleasant. What really made this place great was the helpful staff. We had a few requests that were promptly followed up on by different staff members. The breakfast was yummy; fresh waffles, bananas, cereal, and yogurt. While eating we observed staff cleaning and adding to the breakfast bar twice keeping the small area clean and well stocked.
We did see the negative reviews concerning bed bugs after checking in so promptly stripped the bed and inspected - I don't know what the other reviewers saw but I did not see any bugs. If there ever was a problem it was not in my room (201) or had been taken care of by the time we stayed with them (Aug 14,2013) The staff even hunted down a book for me to read when I finished the one I had brought with me. Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GGPhila
Kelseyville, California, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel fell way below my approval level. Ali (she was so good at keeping people from getting really mad) at the front desk and the pool were the only saving graces. They were very short staffed and had almost zero rooms ready for occupants at the 2:00 check-in time. We all wasted our time by the pool cause there was no where else to sit and wait. When we finally got our room, it had not been vacuumed or had the tile floor washed. Disgusting! The continental breakfast had mushy apples and stale cereal. I don't often give anyone a bad review but I would NOT stay here again. They seriously need extra help and some upgrades! Cudos to Ali for a great job managing a hectic situation.

Room Tip: There are many hotels within 15 miles of this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna J
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A friend and I made reservations here for July 24th, 2013 after being at the boardwalk all day. We stayed in room 211 and notice bed bugs. They moved us to room 209 and again bed bugs. They gave us our money back. And I will never stay in this hotel or any related ever again. I am completely grossed out! I recommend to not ever stay at this hotel. The young man working the front desk was rude as well. Also our room was not ready by time of check in. This was a horrible trip.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Emjul
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

When I checked in (June 20th, 2013), the girl at the desk was very nice. I went to my room (room 111) and just wanted to sleep after a long day. I woke up at 3am to use the bathroom. When I turned the light on I saw several bed bugs crawling around my sheets and pillows.

I went to the office but it was closed. To get decent cell reception I stood outside (in the cold). I wasn't sure if the number I found was for the front desk or a general number for Quality Inns. So I asked if it was the hotel number. The manager was the one who answered and he responded "its too early call back later".

I found another number for Quality Inn Customer Service. They took my complaint and connected me to the front desk again. It went to voice-mail this time so I left a message. After about 5 minutes the manager who was sleeping in the office came outside. He gave me a new room but didn't really apologize for the problems. As far as I know the new room was fine but i just couldn't sleep there so I tried my best to sleep in my rental car.

In the morning I asked about laundry service on grounds or a laundry mat in town. His response was the maid would take care of it. I told him I dont care about the sheets, I wanted to ensure I killed any that might have gotten on my clothes. He said he didn't know and didn't offer any further assistance or apology. I am really concerned that he thought a maid could take care of the bugs. Pretty sure a new mattress and exterminator are necessary.

Customer service attempted to resolve the issue by asking the manager to reach out to me. He failed to do so and they refunded me my money (about $80).

Please rethink staying here!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Jeff5782
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We were pleasantly surprised. On the outside, it looks like a charming motel from the 1950s, but on the inside, the rooms are modern. Our bed was comfortable, and the curtains kept the light out - not that there was a lot, the beautiful redwoods and pines added shade. Our second floor king room had a coffee maker, toiletries, digital TV, a desk, dresser, and armchair with ottoman. There were plenty of outlets near the bed for our cell phones and laptops, and the motel has free Wi-Fi.

The continental breakfast had a lot of variety - there was a waffle maker, toaster, muffins, cereals, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk, and a few other things I'm probably forgetting. It was definitely better than a lot of other motels with free breakfast. There's a nice patio/picnic area behind the front office, and we enjoyed sipping our coffee and eating breakfast out there.

The picnic/patio area offers a view of Howden Castle, just across the stream. The highway doesn't have much traffic, and the trees absorb the sound, so it was peaceful. We could have sat there all day after our good night's rest.

The motel is convenient for those traveling to Santa Cruz. It's just up the highway, maybe a 15-20-minute drive, depending on traffic. I would definitely recommend Quality Inn if you are visiting Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Inn Scotts Valley
Jaye's Timberlane Resort
Jaye's Timberlane Resort
#2 of 3 in Ben Lomond

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Santa Cruz Mountains? Share your experiences!