“Probably the most beautiful hotel in its class!”

Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Benicia
Ventura, California
“Probably the most beautiful hotel in its class!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Anything with the words "express" in it can leave one thinking this is NOT the place you'd want to stay, but for the Holiday Inn Express in Benicia, I can honestly say that it is definitely worth staying in. The price is awesome, the room we had was beautiful, the staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was great! Loved it! I loved the decor, the bed was fantastic, the bathroom was spectacularly clean (and very well appointed). You will not be disappointed here! Especially if you are on the bottom floor, the rooms have EXTREMELY high ceilings making it feel like a suite!

Room Tip: Choose the bottom floor for those high ceilings, and one at the end of the halls, combine the square...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
HIXBenicia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We always strive to impress every guest that comes through our doors, and want you to be able to really enjoy your visit with us. We would love to have you visit us again next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed with my family at this hotel and it was great starting with the service that we got from the staff.The complementary breakfast they offer is GOOD. Rooms are very comfortable and CLEAN overall my all experience there was good and Next year I will definetelly come back to this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ricardo R
HIXBenicia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for telling us about your visit. We would love to have you back next year when you are in the area. My staff and I are dedicated to ensuring that every guest has a wonderful experience here and I am so glad that we lived up to that with you and your family. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I recently spent two nights at this property. It has it all, a great road trip hotel.

Holiday Inn Express properties are not Westin's, or Ritz Carlton's. They are, and this hotel is an example of, affordable lodging available to the traveler that typically needs a hotel along their route of travel. I would categorize this property as being very clean, well run by attentive front staff, and convenient to the historic district in Benicia.

Our travels take us to this area a few times each year, and we've always stayed at this hotel. The fact that we come back is our endorsement of this establishment.

The only complaint we have, and this applies to almost all roadside hotel chains, is the terrible pillows. I say this knowing that decent pillows can be purchased at Costco for under $20.00 per set.
I want to emphasize that this is not a problem that is exclusive to this property or HIE.

R

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rapidrog
california
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Benicia is a great place to stay if you are investigating Sonoma and Napa wine country and don't mind driving a bit. It was a capital of California during Gold Rush times and is filled with historical sights.
The Holiday Inn Express is close to the freeway, yet we could walk downtown. Internet service was good, and it came with a free basic breakfast. The $109 price is with the AAA discount card and was for either two queens or a king bed. The hotel is only a year old and rooms are nice and housekeeping service was very good.
If you want to go into the city, there is Ferry service from Vallejo which is the next town over which would eliminate the drive and tolls over the bay bridges.
There are a lot of shops, cafes, and a harbor to walk around in downtown Benicia which is very family friendly but also a good deal if wine country hotels are booked up.

Room Tip: I would choose one away from where cars pull into the underground parking if put on the first floor...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank claymaryjo
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I recently attended an all-day training at this facility. I found the property to be very clean, modern, and well maintained.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sjdoglover
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed a couple of nights in this reasonably priced inn. The inn is new so everything is clean and neat. The rooms are comfortable and a standard breakfast is provided. The main street of Benicia is just a short walk. The inn provides covered, monitored parking which is a plus. The only downside was that the walls of the room seemed awfully thin. I could hear snoring coming from the room next to us.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank durangodawgs
HEMET
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The hoel was nice. Close by relatives in Benicia. The service was lousy(housekeeping).
Coudn't sleep in late because if you do your room won't be cleaned. If you go to breakfast early, had to wait for room to be cleaned.
The staff coudn't speak english very good. No one was friendly except for the desk clerk on the check in day.
The parking was good. I am handicapped and parked right outside the lobby under cover.
We asked for a first floor room. We were given a second floor room. Nothing to see outside except the patio. There is not a pool at all. The price is outrageous for what you get.

Overall I give this place a 3 not a five as it is listed

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ralphhemetca
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Ralphhemetca,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benicia
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 18 in Vallejo
Best Western John Muir Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benicia? Share your experiences!