“Disappointed!”

Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Benicia
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed two nights for a weekend family trip to Six Flags Discovery Park. Good location with easy freeway access. Staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Room was clean with comfortable beds. We had difficulty with the door not closing or locking properly. Ask front desk staff for maintenance to make the repair next day. Returned late Saturday evening to find door not repaired. This problem was a security and safety issue for us. For a newer Inn, I was disappointed that we could hear every conversation and movement next door in the bedroom and bathroom. Large shower but had difficulty with handle and limited hot water pressure. As a Platinum Priority Club member, I was disappointed with my overall stay compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses that I have stayed in over the last 2 years.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
HIXBenicia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, of the hotel. I am very sorry that you experienced a problem at my property, and even more sorry that the issues you experienced were not addressed once they were brought up to the staff. We strive to provide a high level of service to our guests and want every guest to feel at home and welcome here with us. Above all else we want you to feel safe on the property. Thank you for letting us know about the issues that you experienced I will speak with the staff and ensure that all of these issues will be tended to. I do hope that you will give us another chance to impress you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly and I will make sure you are taken care of to the fullest extent possible upon your return. I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your visit to the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Benicia

Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel was quite a departure from our stay at the Holiday Inn
Express, San Clemente calif. Our room was quiet and the decor
was just lovely, and more roomy than the one in San Clemente.
The complimentqry breakfast was very fresh with a good variety.
Because of this hotel, we will not rule out Holiday Inn Express in
the future>

Room Tip: We were on the second floor but this hotel seemed to have been built with quality materials so mayb...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. I am so glad that we were able to live up to your expectations of our hotel and surpass your previous experience at the San Clemente Holiday Inn Express. We would love to have you visit us again in the future if your travels bring you back to the area. Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Spent the night here with my children and my friend and her children. We were a larger group, and that didn't phase the employees - they welcomed us with smiles. We arrived later and they helped us find a place to order late night pizza (which isn't easy in Benicia), helped us out with the laundry we had and found us a place to park our big van.

The hotel was very clean and fresh. The room was spacious and the bathroom was in excellent condition - very new! I was so comfortable in the beds and the towels were nice and new too.

The morning breakfast made the children happy, and the staff was so kind to them!

This hotel was a wonderful nights rest and we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
HIXBenicia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. It was nice to meet you and your family in the morning. I am glad the children enjoyed themselves. It was a pleasure listening to them tell us all about their trip, and seeing their excitement with our pancake machine. I hope you and your family will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The lobby of this hotel gives the impression that it will be a very nice place to stay. It's modern and clean, but that's where the good impression ends.
We asked for an early check in, but that didn't happen. After being told, "One more hour," four times we were allowed to check in two hours after standard check in. We were informed there wasn't enough housekeeping staff to get the room ready.
There is only one luggage cart in the entire hotel. You have to search the floors to find it.
The room had no "real" window coverings, instead a mere decorative panel that didn't fully cover the window; the rod supporting it was falling off the wall because it had been pulled so many times. There was no covering at all over an exterior door window. All the windows face a bright street light.
We requested two adjoining rooms. Between to two the following were missing: there was an empty cabinet that used to house a refrigerator; the phone didn't work; there wasn't a closet or even a rack to hang clothes in one room, the lamp didn't work, the coffee maker had missing parts.
We talked to the management about the issues, but were not satisfied, so we checked out a day early and went to a different hotel.
I expected more from a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear SandyBiker,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Anything with the words "express" in it can leave one thinking this is NOT the place you'd want to stay, but for the Holiday Inn Express in Benicia, I can honestly say that it is definitely worth staying in. The price is awesome, the room we had was beautiful, the staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was great! Loved it! I loved the decor, the bed was fantastic, the bathroom was spectacularly clean (and very well appointed). You will not be disappointed here! Especially if you are on the bottom floor, the rooms have EXTREMELY high ceilings making it feel like a suite!

Room Tip: Choose the bottom floor for those high ceilings, and one at the end of the halls, combine the square...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We always strive to impress every guest that comes through our doors, and want you to be able to really enjoy your visit with us. We would love to have you visit us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed with my family at this hotel and it was great starting with the service that we got from the staff.The complementary breakfast they offer is GOOD. Rooms are very comfortable and CLEAN overall my all experience there was good and Next year I will definetelly come back to this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricardo R

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We would love to have you back next year when you are in the area. My staff and I are dedicated to ensuring that every guest has a wonderful experience here and I am so glad that we lived up to that with you and your family. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I recently spent two nights at this property. It has it all, a great road trip hotel.

Holiday Inn Express properties are not Westin's, or Ritz Carlton's. They are, and this hotel is an example of, affordable lodging available to the traveler that typically needs a hotel along their route of travel. I would categorize this property as being very clean, well run by attentive front staff, and convenient to the historic district in Benicia.

Our travels take us to this area a few times each year, and we've always stayed at this hotel. The fact that we come back is our endorsement of this establishment.

The only complaint we have, and this applies to almost all roadside hotel chains, is the terrible pillows. I say this knowing that decent pillows can be purchased at Costco for under $20.00 per set.
I want to emphasize that this is not a problem that is exclusive to this property or HIE.

R

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rapidrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benicia
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Best Western John Muir Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benicia? Share your experiences!