“A predictably good”

Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Benicia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We've come to expect a certain level of quality from Holiday Inn Express and Benicia was no exception. We needed more bedding and it was promptly brought to the room. Nice and roomy - we had 2 queens and a pull-out couch.

Only hesitation in giving them 5 stars was the lack of personnel at the front desk. Every time we went down to the desk, we had to either 1) wait a significant amount of time, or 2) no one showed up.

If we hadn't needed to visit the front desk, it probably would have been 5 stars.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pmjnmj
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Benicia

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed in the Benicia holiday inn for one night and parked my car less than 10feet from the front door. That night there was an altercation between guests(?) that required the contact of the local law enforcement by the night front desk. During the altercation the mirror on my car was broken. We did not notice this until the next morning. When we asked the manager if there was anything that could be done she kept saying that they were not responsible for anything that happens to our car. We could file a police report nod the local police would review the tapes. This occurred less than 10feet from the front door! Filing a police report would delay our trip.

The manager had the opportunity to make a positive out of something that was out of her control. She could of offered a discounted next stay or free stay for our inconvenience or meal voucher. Something that would not cost her anything but please the customer. "The customer is always right" mentality is lost. Poor choice by the manager. I will never stay here again., this affected the entire stay, no matter what the quality of the room, swimming pool or services. Customer service is the most important part of any service facility.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear dgin,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Benicia.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights in this hotel while we were visiting family in Benicia. The room was very comfortable, and the staff at the front desk were consistently friendly and helpful. We'll stay here again when we travel to Benicia. The location makes it easy to walk through historic areas of the town or to get to several cafes and the Safeway that are nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

I stay here every year for business and have for the last 3 years. The rooms are always clean and have nice beds. The staff is great and they put out a decent spread for breakfast. For your buck the value doesn't get any better compared to the other hotels in the area this one is a ritz!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Holiday Inn Express is located in central Benicia. The hotel seemed very nice and cozy. The friendly smiles and genuine helpful nature of everyone you encounter is wonderful. Bedrooms are spacious and have everything you want from a luxury hotel. Our room was neat and clean, beds were comfortable, room service and laundry facilities were extremely good. I liked the facilities the hotel provides at rooms. They provide 24 hours cold and hot water, AC, telephone facilities, free internet, 32’’ flat TV, safety deposit box, refrigerator, iron & iron board, coffee maker etc. I also liked the Business Centre and the Fitness Center which is open for 24 hours. Breakfast is excellent, with plenty of choice. I found it very convenient to visit some of the key sights and attractions of Benicia (almost everywhere is a cheap taxi ride away) from the hotel. You will love to visit Waterworld California, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Benicia State Capitol and Historical Park, Benicia Historical Museum etc. There is a Japanese restaurant near the hotel named Matsuri Sushi Restaurant. Food Is really great here. If you are a shopping freak and love to collect different pieces from different corners of the world, you will definitely love to visit Shiroco's Fusion Décor. The nearest airport is the Oakland International Airport (OAK) which is easily reached. It takes around 45 minutes by taxi to reach from the hotel. The best part about the hotel is service. We had a wonderful stay in the hotel and will surely stay here whenever we travel to Benicia. :) :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sh h
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just came back from a business trip to N. California refining area. I use to stay in Concord but they were full. Local person said to try the new Holiday Inn Express right off of I-780.

Got there at 130 am from an East Coast flight. Top garage was full so went to the basement garage. Has lots of lights and I did feel safe. Took elevator to check in. Very friendly receptionist especially at this time of the morning. Asked about wake up calls and then gave me an upgrade.

Breakfast was the usual fair except that this is one of the nicer eating areas. Lots of room to drink coffee, plug in your computer (free WiFi), and get your breakfast.

Upon check out, very cordial staff. Room was quite large with extremely high ceilings (ground floor room). Nice touch with a ceiling fan.

Room Tip: If you park on the ground floor parking lot, use the elevator to the check in area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HIXBenicia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our property. I am very glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for giving us a chance to impress you during your trip to the Northern California Refining Area. We are very pleased that we were able to live up to your expectations and look forward to your possible return to our hotel.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed two nights for a weekend family trip to Six Flags Discovery Park. Good location with easy freeway access. Staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Room was clean with comfortable beds. We had difficulty with the door not closing or locking properly. Ask front desk staff for maintenance to make the repair next day. Returned late Saturday evening to find door not repaired. This problem was a security and safety issue for us. For a newer Inn, I was disappointed that we could hear every conversation and movement next door in the bedroom and bathroom. Large shower but had difficulty with handle and limited hot water pressure. As a Platinum Priority Club member, I was disappointed with my overall stay compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses that I have stayed in over the last 2 years.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, of the hotel. I am very sorry that you experienced a problem at my property, and even more sorry that the issues you experienced were not addressed once they were brought up to the staff. We strive to provide a high level of service to our guests and want every guest to feel at home and welcome here with us. Above all else we want you to feel safe on the property. Thank you for letting us know about the issues that you experienced I will speak with the staff and ensure that all of these issues will be tended to. I do hope that you will give us another chance to impress you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly and I will make sure you are taken care of to the fullest extent possible upon your return. I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your visit to the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benicia
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Best Western John Muir Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benicia? Share your experiences!