“As expected. No sorprises”

Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Benicia
Bakersfield, California
“As expected. No sorprises”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Holiday Inn Express in Benicia is a clean, efficient and well ran property. The staff is friendly and they make you feel welcomed. My travels are such that I get to the hotels late at night and leave early in the morning. All I am looking for is a clean and comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, hot water, a TV and air conditioning during the summer. I have stayed at the holiday Inn Express in Benicia several times because there are no surprises. I get what I expect to get from Holiday Inn Express.
The breakfast staff is great. One gripe that I have is that they don’t start serving breakfast until 6:30 AM. I usually have to leave by 6 AM so I miss breakfast. But I have had the chance to have breakfast at this property a couple of times and, again, there are no surprises. You get what you expect from Holiday Inn Express. Good and varied food, hot coffee, good variety, all served in a clean and bright place.
Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try the pool, gym, Business Center and other amenities but they are available if you need them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Best features: nice staff people and the great shower. Worst feature: Breakfast food / weak coffee. Also, they seemed to be having problems... one day they ran out of towels! We came back to our room at the end of a day to find there were no bath towels--and none to be had until the next day. Still, this is a good place to stay in the area that is lacking in alternatives.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Edgerton, Missouri
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Looks quite new and friendly staff. We did not get towels and had a curtain dangling from the rod during our stay. I asked for towels each day and left the dangling curtain to see if they would ever notice and fix. They didn't over the three day -- two night stay. Breakfast was good. We would stay again despite the issues during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a stop on our way to somewhere else so we were surprised at how pleasant and clean this place was. The price was right and the desk clerk had several suggestions for dinner. We plan on returning to Benicia again. What a cute little town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
HIXBenicia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are very glad you stopped in Benicia on your way through. I am glad our little hotel and my stay were able to surprise you during your stay with us. We hope that on your next visit into town you will stay with us again. Have a great day and happy travels.
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have been coming to the HIE in Benicia for 2 years. Unfortunately I have seen a large change in employees recently which usually is a bad sign (to me, at least). During a recent 3-night stay, each time I entered the main lobby for whatever reason, there was no one at the desk. Not unusual but a bit disconcerting after the second time. Also, the breakfasts have fallen off in quality. We tend to sleep in and rush to get to breakfast about 1/2 hour prior to closing. No real coffee and no one to complain to! Really? The food looked rather, well, old on the first 2 mornings; we ditched breakfast on the third morning and went to the local Starbucks. That really is NOT why we pay extra for the luxury of breakfast, is it?
But all is not lost. The rooms are still clean and quiet, the most important aspect of our stay. We will not forsake HIE Benicia but I hope Management gets the message......and soon. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpress707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Hello SHADDACalifornia, let me first start with thanking you for your visit to our hotel, and for taking the time out of your day to write a review and let me know how your stay was. I am sorry to hear that you were not fully impressed by our hotel on your recent visit with us. We have had a couple of new employees join our team in the last month or so. Together we hope to strive to bring you better service in the future. I will speak with my staff and come up with ways to ensure the staff is at the desk more often I understand that it might be disconcerting to walk into an empty lobby. I will also speak with our breakfast host to ensure that breakfast improves and is always fresh and tastes good. I am glad to heat that our housekeeping staff was able to keep your room clean and to your standards and I hope that you will be back again soon to stay with us and show you what a great hotel we can be. I hope you have a great week.
Boise
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very nice quiet place. Good filling breakfast with fruit, eggs, yogurt, cinnamon rolls. Small exercise room, but the TV set up is a little goofy in there. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Sometimes they didn't put the coffee packets in our room, so we went to beakfast to get coffee. A cute little town. Will Stay again when we visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Good Morning WanderLustBoise, Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Benicia. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was able to make you feel comfortable. I am sorry to hear that the coffee didn't get replenished in your room everyday however I am glad you were able to come down and enjoy our breakfast and coffee there. I hope that you will stay with us again real soon and continue to enjoy your visits with us.
Florence
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our stay had a rocky start. First the up graded room they sent. Us to was occupied. So then we had to go to another room which was not up graded but nice. Them we found the TV didn't work. After about 35 minutes they helped us move to another room. For our inconvenience they issued us 1000 points for our stay. The staff were very nice. The only draw back is they do not have a swimming pool. If you don't want to swim this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Paula H, Thank you for your visit to our hotel I am sorry to hear that you had such a rocky start to your visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express Benicia. I am glad that the staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable and that they compensated you with points for your inconvenience. I hope you use those points for something fun and enjoyable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benicia
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Best Western John Muir Inn
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benicia? Share your experiences!