“Fabulous atmosphere, food, & service”

Union Hotel Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Benicia
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great, quaint town. This spot is a hidden gem. It may not look great from the outside, but the food and service is top notch. The owner will most likely be waiting on you and providing suggestions. The mushroom and eggplant appetizers were fantastic. The Marguerite past dish was phenomenal. CANNOT say enough great things about this spot. I was just visiting in from the east coast.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We only dropped in for a snack and everything was wonderful. I wish they had an agreement with the Hotel to entice you to eat there. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had the butter squash ravioli. It was excellent. The bartender was great. I had a Long Island ice tea and usually I have to cut it down a bit cause it tastes like too much alcohol but not this time my drink was perfect. The best ever. She was great. I love the bread. Everyone had a real good meal and there were 12 of us. They let us stay as long as we wanted.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Union hotel has been in Benicia for a long time. The food is good and you can also stay there. It has beautiful stain glass window and the atmosphere is very old. It is location on Main st which is downtown and there are lots of nice shopping stores. You can walk the whole Main Street and see it all. The bays water is also on Main Street.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel has been there since the Civil War. Restaurant has ranged anywhere from 3 to 5 Stars over the years. Last time I was there, I ordered prime rib. After they served it, I asked for horseradish. They didn't have any, and told me they never have it.