“Very good Mexican food”

Randy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #54 of 73 Restaurants in Benicia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Salsa is important to me and they have great salsa. Their other traditional dishes are good also and I especially like their whole pinto beans.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The atmosphere is true Mexico! The food plentiful and delicioso! Love the chili relleno (with beef inside!) and the prices are very good too. Try the jalapeno margarita!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant on various occasions. First time was on a Sunday afternoon, I ordered enchiladas in green sauce. The food was lukewarm and the sauce tasted like it came right out of a popular mexican canned sauce one finds at the grocery store. I left my food half eaten and swore I would never return. Fast forward 6 months and I had to go back for a friends celebration. This time it was on a Friday at 5:30 in the bar section. The place was busy but not crowded. I ordered chili rellenos, my friends ordered the big burrito. There was only 4 of us. The waiter with no eye contact and no greeting took our order approx 15 mins after we arrived. As time ticked away and said waiter was flitting around we waited, and waited, he never came by to inquire about drinks, no eye contact, nothing. After approx one hour I flagged him over and asked him where the food was, he said it had only been 20mins, no apologies, no I will find out, no I am sorry, nothing. I told no, it has been an hour (it was timed) and if you do not bring the food in 5 mins we are walking out of here. With attitude he said to me again that it had only been 20mins. Five minutes later the food came, the punk waiter never said anything. I did not tip him but my TIP to the owner is this; Neither I or my friends will EVER return to this place and I am telling anyone NOT to go to this restaurant where its obvious the owner doesn't care about her customers or care enough to invest in training her staff. This place is busy because it has a bar, and lets face it, most people are just not that picky when it comes to 'mexican' food. This place is a no go - I refuse to give my money to a business that simply does not care. There are other restaurants that do.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Good service, huge portions and reasonable prices. We love the take out because they are very busy on weekends.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I live in Benicia and don't need to go far to get really great mexican food. We take friends and family there all the time because its the best resturant in town the service is excellent, The sauce/gravy they make for the enchilada's is so tasty its rich with flavor. We have tried just about everything on the menu and have not been disappointed with anything and did I mention the chips and salsa are so fresh its hard to stop eating.

1  Thank 11ginger